rabbitdan

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
for two piggies.

thanks

must cost under £70

thanks

Reaction score
For under £70, could you not get other half or a family member to make one. My huby made me a two storey hutch and it cost him about £30 all told

DSC00089.jpg

Last edited:

rabbitdan

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
For under £70, could you not get other half or a family member to make one. My huby made me a two storey hutch and it cost him about £30 all told

I'm 14 :)

my dads a builder and may be able to

Reaction score
Why when its sooo much easier and the remainder can be spent on the pigglies.
I think for £70 you will only get 2nd hand. or really small.

flips

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It looks a good size. 4ft is the minimum for 2 pigs. The bigger you can afford the better.
You would need to put bolts on the hutch as the catches are not foxproof. I would also check that the mesh is suitable.

This is another supplier that makes reasonable hutches. Perhaps have a look at the features so that you have an idea what to look for.
http://www.ukrabbithutches.co.uk/guineapighutches.html

Salt n Peppers mum

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It depends on how many piggies you have for the size of the hutch, the bigger the better.

The one you posted from e-bay is only 18 inch wide, 2 foot wide is recommended and does make a substatial difference on size :)

CPHill

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score

DSC00089.jpg

You got a good hubby there! I'm still waiting for my hub to assemble flat pack hutch which has been waiting bout 3 weeks now. He has promised Tomorrow is the day, but we will see!

Pepperdog

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I cant believe how much hutches has shrunk this year, mine was second hand and is wider and longer than what you can get in the same style as this year.

I would have a look at second hand as well as new, I paid £40 for mine, its 5ft x 3ft and two tier. A bit of paint, a little repairs and its looking just as good as new. Free ads usually have some ads for hutches, and your local papers of course. If you can, self built it better as you can make them the size you want to. The only downside to second hand, they usually dont come apart so transporting a fully made up hutch can be a bit of an issue - unless you have a big van, or know a man who does.

Doeylicious

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I cant believe how much hutches has shrunk this year, mine was second hand and is wider and longer than what you can get in the same style as this year.

I agree, so many are getting thinner and thinner. Was saying to Mum today, the only hutch easily available 4ft x 2ft was the P@H Poppy Den, and now they have stopped selling it!

I recently got this though

http://www.the-rabbit-hutch-shop.com/rabbit-shack-double-decker-rabbit-guinea_pig-hutch-rs-206.html

as Bumble and Pixie were far too big for their old hutch, it is 22" so very nearly 2ft wide. So easy to build too! They do two tier versions with ramps.

Status
Not open for further replies.