• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Can Anyone Recommend A Good Shampoo For My Long-haired Pig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melanie07

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I've not been on the forum much over the past couple of months as I've been away in Cardiff doing a temporary job so the rest of my family have been looking after the pigs!

We've been putting it off for a while because I don't think she'd be at all impressed but I think it's time my long-haired pig had a bum bath! I give Mouse hair trims but she usually gets twitchy and annoyed before I can finish off her trim properly!

Can anyone recommend a good shampoo for her? As she's long-haired would she also need conditioning?

Hi Melanie,

I have a Peruvian and a Texel and they both had their first baths yesterday - using the posh and go shampoo. I couldn't recommend it highly enough now, it lathered up wonderfully and after I left it the recommended amount of time it washed out very quickly. They both look gorgeous now, their hair is fluffy, has lots of volume and most importantly is beautifully clean and fresh smelling!

I was dreading their baths but they were both so so good and the shampoo being so easy to use definitely helped!
Good luck with your little lady! (:

Also, I forgot to mention...
If you have any queries I'd highly recommend contacting gorgeous guineas. As gorgeous as Dexters curls are, when they first started growing out I was so petrified about how I would manage hiss coat. I phoned and the lady I needed to speak to called me back within an hour or so. She was lovely and couldn't have been more helpful recommending which products would be suitable for them, as well as generally calming my nerves. First class service. I've noticed the posh and go is out of stock, so I'm sure if you give them a call they'll be able to advise you accordingly (:

Gorgeous guineas Posh n Go, Ive used it for the past years on my peruvians and it always leaves their coat soft and easy to manage.

@Nina Great thanks! I had a look at their website last week actually and decided to buy some of the posh n go (probably the last one if they're now out of stock) so I'm glad it's had good reviews!

I'll keep you updated on how her bath goes when I get round to attempting it..!

Gorgeous Guineas stuff is amazing. I have used quite a few of their products and had terrific results every time. It might seem pricey but it lasts much longer than cheaper products!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back