• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Can anyone recommend some quiet hair clippers?

Minnou

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm thinking about giving Gaia a buzz cut all over when she goes to the guinea pig borstal I'm building specifically for her because she's a villain!

More seriously, I think the hair on her butt and her back legs could do with a closer cut than what I'm managing with scissors (especially as she likes to karate kick those away and I'm worried one day I'll cut her). Plus, if their predictions are right about this summer being especially hot again, she might like to loose some of the floof all over her body to help keep her cool.

Hoping someone has some clippers they can vouch for; that they are indeed quiet and an ideal size for a guinea pig.

I’ve never found proper clippers to be that good as they vibrate too much.

I do get some piggies in that need a close cut because they haven’t been brushed daily so in bad circumstances I find the small nose and ear ones quite useful. They don’t vibrate anywhere near as the others. Piggies are very sensitive to that kind of thing as you’re seeing the the impression of the karate kid film lol 😂

I use these ones on my autistic son. They are pretty quiet for him and he does pretty well. If you can't find these ones exactly, look for "baby friendly" or "autism hair clippers".

Amazon.co
Nice suggestion. Thanks. 😊

I’m a dog groomer and I’ve used various trimmers and clippers, I’d look on Amazon at dog grooming mini trimmers, they tend to not be very noisy and often come with guard combs. The one I use is adjustable and I can make it slower but it’s out of stock but there are similar ones on Amazon, you can pick up a non adjustable one for around £20 but the adjustable ones are a little more.

Back