• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Can anyone recommend toys or activities?

Trying to make life more fun for my guinea pigs. Does anyone have any suggestions for toys or activities? Weve tried everything in pets at home and on the whole they seem uninterested in everything apart from the tunnels. Thanks :)

Mine are happiest with a cardboard box with a few piggy doors cut out! They also had fun tipping over plastic flower pots to find treats. Often the cheapest and simplest things go down the best!

Rosewood hay cubes and carrot houses (from Amazon)
Amazon delivery boxes with doorways cut out, filled with hay (3 doorways is most exciting)
Brown paper envelopes filled with hay and veggies
Cardboard compostable plant pots filled with hay and veggies
Extra hay in a huge pile so they can burrow in and disappear
Coriander and parsley hidden around the cage like pieces dangling from the house roof or hidden in their hidey tunnels or dangling from the bars so they have to stand up on their hind legs like squirrels :)

My lot adore these grassy logs, I stuff them with a treat hay like orchard grass, readigrass etc, maybe some herbs or something too :)
Grassy Toys » Galens Garden
Ooh those look good, I can see where I'm going to spend the rest of October's wages after paying for the piggies a nail trim and health check at the vets during halfterm!

Such great ideas in this thread! Gonna try them for my own piggies (especially the cardboard box cutout!)

My piggies never really play with toys. They just like tunnels and running in and out of things lol. Totally gonna try putting veggies around bars, or wrapping them in paper just for mental stimulation.

Similar to the envelope one mentioned above, but mine love paper bags filled with hay, for something like this I fill it with dandelion hay and they live rummaging through to find the dandelion pieces!

Mine also use it as a hidey 😂😂
IMG_1308.jpg

I hang toilet roll tubes from their ceiling and stuff them with hay. Its good to see them really using their front leg muscles and neck. Tugging at it. Pack as much hay as you can in.

Also wilko sell a grass tray. Its a piece of turf with grass growing. So basicly a lawn in a tray. They love tugging that . They are £4.

Hay cookies are fun for them to tuck into. They have to clamp them down with their front paws to rip bits off. Fun to watch

My girls had a wonderful floor time last night just with some tubes that led underneath a blanket. I’ve never seen them so happy!

The blanket comment has reminded me, my guineas play this game with me and my boyfriend where We get a blanket, place then on it, sit either end (so they can't escape anywhere) and then flip one side over them to make like a blanket tunnel, and they love it! They'll run up and down and then if you flip the blanket back open they freeze 😂 It's also hilarious to watch the movement of them running up and down the tunnel 🤣

mine sounds silly, but I just put a few uncut cherry tomatoes in their hutch and it keeps them occupied for a long time. Because the tomatoe is round and hard to take a first bite into, they spend ages rolling tomatoes up and down the hutch!

mine sounds silly, but I just put a few uncut cherry tomatoes in their hutch and it keeps them occupied for a long time. Because the tomatoe is round and hard to take a first bite into, they spend ages rolling tomatoes up and down the hutch!
Not tried that I have only ever given my lot cherry tomatoes cut in half. Sounds like fun!

My girls had a wonderful floor time last night just with some tubes that led underneath a blanket. I’ve never seen them so happy!

Like this idea too gonna try it.

Back