• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Can Baytril And Ivermectin Be Given At The Same Time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sy_lavery

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello all. I have three young sows (all 6 to 12 months old). One of them, Sandy, has been on Baytril for about 3 weeks to treat an inner ear infection. We just spotted the other day that another of them, Cuddles, has lice - meaning that they probably *all* have lice. A spot of Google research tells me that there's a few over-the-counter products containing Ivermectin (such as Xeno 450) will probably sort that out with little fuss... but, I wonder: Might there be any issues with poor Sandy there? Would it be safe to give a pig both Baytril and an Ivermectin treatment at the same time? If anyone here has any expertise they could share, on that, I'd be grateful. Thanks

Please have your piggies seen by a vet and discuss the issue with him. It is likely to be OK, but as your girl's immune system is currently compromised, it would be better if your vet decided on the most appropriate treatment under the circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back