• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Can guinea pigs have floor time in the garage?

mel32

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I'm wondering if it would be ok to let guinea pigs have floor time in the garage (3-4 hours every day). My garage has a heater and cooler, so temperature is not a problem. The cars will be backed out of it and I will allow time for it to air out. However, I'm not sure if the cars will leave behind a lot of dangerous fumes and I was wondering if anyone knows if it would be ok or not?
Thanks!

I wouldn't risk it. There are dangerous fumes that a car leaves behind that we can't smell and won't effect us but a piggy can smell and will affect their delicate airways. I have my piggies in the garage but a car hasn't been in there for at least 13 years (I know this because I bought the house off my MIL - she lived in the house for 12 years - and the car was always on the drive in front of the caravan).

I wouldn't either not just because of the fumes but because the floor will be freezing cold too

Will you be using it for cars as well as house the piggies in there?

I wouldn't either not just because of the fumes but because the floor will be freezing cold too
I have mine on the floor in the run in the garage. I have a insulating layer of floor vinyl then a waterproof mattress protector and on top of that I have a piece of fleece. I also have 2 haytrays but piggies being piggies means that hay is soon covering the fleece too!

Back