Can I Give My Pigs Straw....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coco&Luna

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I seem to to full of questions recently...
I have no hay left (only Excel Barn Dried Forage For rabbits: I'm not sure this is hay or if it's ok for pigs (I bought it by accident)? and readigrass)
Morrison's only had barley straw when i went to get some, so i bought it as a temporary bedding.
Can i give the pigs straw for in their beds to sleep on for now instead of hay if i give them some of the fresh forage and a sprinkle of readigrass?

This will only be until tuesday.

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product....KLPjTqRhcucoVbpoK5ZZdqVFEvKTI9a5aNxoCs1Dw_wcB

Thats the exact one I have.
If i know this is ok for the pigs to eat i'll feel better

I've never run out of hay before & so never had to resort to an alternative. The barley straw is really soft compaired to alot of other straws, but that doesn't help with the fact they can't eat it, so I guess I'm more worried the forage isn't an acceptable hay for them to eat then i'm gunna have to go hunting for hay on my lunch break in work tomorrow?

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product....KLPjTqRhcucoVbpoK5ZZdqVFEvKTI9a5aNxoCs1Dw_wcB

Thats the exact one I have.
If i know this is ok for the pigs to eat i'll feel better

I've never run out of hay before & so never had to resort to an alternative. The barley straw is really soft compaired to alot of other straws, but that doesn't help with the fact they can't eat it, so I guess I'm more worried the forage isn't an acceptable hay for them to eat then i'm gunna have to go hunting for hay on my lunch break in work tomorrow?

looking at the labling on the forage - it says it's Timothy hay - Timothy hay is OK for guinea pigs

I have used straw before for bedding with no problems, as long as it's soft barley straw. That forage looks absolutely fine for piggies too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back