Can I Leave My Guinea Pigs Alone For Around 30 Hours?

muffinmarshmallow1

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My family is planning to go on our boat next weekend overnight. While normally this is not a problem because my mom can feed them while were gone. But when we go she is going to be gone to. I don't trust any other family members to take care of them, my mom is the only one because she has guinea pigs to. So that leads me to my question, "Can I leave my guinea pigs alone for around 30 hours?"

PoppyFloss

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
No, you can’t. The maximum time is 24 hrs, and I wouldn’t even do that. They need fresh hay refilled multiple times throughout the day and clean water. Even if you think they have enough food or water, they will get through it very fast and their water bottle could potentially leak or get clogged, and they would be left with no food or water. Also, they would need your interaction.
Their room could get too hot/cold as well.
Hope this helped :):):)!

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I understand you would only trust your mum to look after them but a family member would (at the minimum) need to come in a few times and give them fresh hay and water and just check there hadn’t been any emergencies with them. 30 hours is really a rather long time to leave them completely unchecked