• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Can I Stop Worrying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coco&Luna

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Stanley is 22 day's post neuter.
His bits look brilliant.
I have literally been changing and disinfecting his whole cage every single night and checking his bits about 4 times a day for 3 weeks because I've been absolutely para about post-neuter complications.

Can i stop doing this now and go back to my normal routine?
Are all risks of complications like abscesses gone at this point?

Thanks guys.

Stanley is 22 day's post neuter.
His bits look brilliant.
I have literally been changing and disinfecting his whole cage every single night and checking his bits about 4 times a day for 3 weeks because I've been absolutely para about post-neuter complications.

Can i stop doing this now and go back to my normal routine?
Are all risks of complications like abscesses gone at this point?

Thanks guys.

You can certainly go back to normal. Operation wounds heal within 10-14 days of the operation.

However, you need to stay aware that there is a small chance that post neuter abscesses can happen until 6 months after. Just keep a casual eye out but don't fret over it. It is looking good! ;)

Your a star @Wiebke thank you,

I know I should probably post this in a new thread, but can i ask you another quick Q.

I've been prescribed xeno 450 for the pigs because Lunas been really scratchy.
Luna weighs almost exactly 1kg and i've been told to use a full pipette. I thought that you only did that for pigs over 1,200g?

Is it ok to use the full pipette?

Your a star @Wiebke thank you,

I know I should probably post this in a new thread, but can i ask you another quick Q.

I've been prescribed xeno 450 for the pigs because Lunas been really scratchy.
Luna weighs almost exactly 1kg and i've been told to use a full pipette. I thought that you only did that for pigs over 1,200g?

Is it ok to use the full pipette?

Yes, it is OK. Until this year, it has been prescribed for guinea pigs over 800g, so it shouldn't harm her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back