• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Can some one help please! - Blood in cage

MissPiggie1996

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi I have come down stairs this morning and found blood in my guinea pigs cage, and a red thing in the cage I'm not sure what it is, I have checked my guinea pig over and it seems to have coming from her bits, I have pulled her out of the cage and she is sitting on the sofa next to me in a blanket eating leaves, she maybe be acting a little bit funny but not much, she doesnt seem in pain or anything. Can someone give me some advice? P.s sorry about the picture but wanted a bit of advice.

Attachments

• 20210114_102739.jpg
    20210114_102739.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 33
:agr: Please get your girl booked in to see the vet. I’d also send them a picture by email.

Iv got her booked in to vets, it's taken a while to be able to find somewhere to get her in but we have got her an appointment tomorrow. She fine in her self shes eating and popcorning about. Just wait and see what the vat has to say now. Thanks all.

Iv got her booked in to vets, it's taken a while to be able to find somewhere to get her in but we have got her an appointment tomorrow. She fine in her self shes eating and popcorning about. Just wait and see what the vat has to say now. Thanks all.
Glad you managed to get an appointment. Let us know how she gets on. Fingers crossed for you both

All the best for tomorrow and hopefully it’s nothing major.

Please can you add your location to your profile so info can be better tailored to you.

Thank you so much and will do. Sorry

Hi!

I am very sorry. have you had a look at the red coated object to see what it is made of? It is a very unusual form for a bladder stone, which are usually rounded or oblong. Is your piggy a boy or a sow?

Hi it is a sow from the look of her after I cleaned her up it seems to have come from the bum 😕 I'm really worried about her. When I'm reading on the internet the first thing that I see is cancer 😕

All the best!

If it is soft, it is most likely coming from the reproductive tract. Good that you have booked her in promptly. You can email or message the picture for the vet to see and help with their diagnosis if necessary.

Thanks once again everyone I will let you all know what it said. Thanks for everyone who has messages on here.

Update - the vets have given me some antibiotics for now for her and they have sent the red thing off to be tested. She seems so healthy in her self, even the vet said that today. She acting like she normally would shes eating and drinking. There hasnt been any more blood since yesterday either. We will just to wait and see what it said when the tests come back now.

Update - the vets have given me some antibiotics for now for her and they have sent the red thing off to be tested. She seems so healthy in her self, even the vet said that today. She acting like she normally would shes eating and drinking. There hasnt been any more blood since yesterday either. We will just to wait and see what it said when the tests come back now.
Fingers crossed for you both. Hope you get good news

Back