• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Can Someone Point Me In The Direction Of Grass Time Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

artcasper

*Rescue Buddy*
Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
i can't seem to find the info on grass time... their run is near completion and i need to read up on giving them grass - thank you peeps x

Hand pick some at first and feed it to them over a few days so their tummy gets used to it. Then they should be fine to go on the lawn as long as it's shady and dry :)

I'd build up the amount of time you give it them. Eg 30 mins one day, then leave them longer on it the next day :)

They will love it! :D

Hand pick some at first and feed it to them over a few days so their tummy gets used to it. Then they should be fine to go on the lawn as long as it's shady and dry :)

I'd build up the amount of time you give it them. Eg 30 mins one day, then leave them longer on it the next day :)

They will love it! :D
this may sound really silly but do i need to wash the grass? we have no treatments on the lawn but do get the odd cat... once the run is down i will know that area has not hopefully been peed on...

You won't be washing the lawn every time they go out in their run will you? :))Just make sure what you pick looks clean. :)

Yeah I usually put the run on the grass a couple of days before if I know the weather will be nice. That way you know for sure its fine :)

Thanks again... I plan to put the run down then I will know it hasn't had anything on it... X

Lol @Crazy4Cavies

I was hoping to let mine on the lawn this year with moving to a home with a decent garden but it seems with have red ants!
It's true though isn't it when you pick grass you want to wash it but I doubt anyone hoses their lawn and waits for it to dry before they put their pigs out. It just wouldn't be practical. :)

I haven't had to mow our lawn once this summer, which is a plus. However as my garden is small, it means the grass supply for my piggies has practically run out. I need a bit more rain to revive it.

I have given them a small amount of grass for two days.. Building it up ready for a go in the run at the weekend. I have two questions : we have lots of clover in the grass, is that ok for them to eat ? Can the run be put on concrete for them as well as grass time ? Or would it be too harsh for their delicate little pink feet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back