• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Can someone tell me ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

minky

.. the name of that grass you can grow urself thats specifically for your piggies i cant find where i was reading about it
:-\

There's grass you can by at P@H and you grow it yourself. I think it's parrot cafe or something like that. Not sure if that's what you mean tho

has anyone ever bought the wheat grass on that website?

my boys love grass but i haven't got any in my garden as it's v small and gravelled. i'd like to grow them some in a tray instead.

:) Hi I 'own' the Planet Guinea site. I only sell products that are guinea approved (by my own crew).

The Cereal grasses are so easy to grow if given light, warmth and moisture. There is an option to soak/sprout them first but personally I don't do that, you will receive instructions on 'how to' though in case you want to.

I regularly get 'edible' grass within 14-15 days (It does depend on conditions but it doesn't take much to get them right :)

For indoor growing I recommend one of or a mix of the Cereal Grasses (Organic and no dust/compost, 100g of seed).

Wheatgrass is my favourite but the guineas really don't mind.

Wheatgrass is the sweetest with Barley being least sweet if you need to take that into consideration, Protein is 18-20%.

I can supply trays and labels if you wish PM me and I'll work out a price.

The hay and herbs on the site also goes towards the upkeep of the Rescue Guineas here. They recommend the Alpine as opposed to Herbal though they do eventually eat most of the herbs. We are hoping to test more herbs out on them soon.

Apologies for the 'Hard sell' but now you know ;) When the site is fully up and running I'll let everyone know :)

Also look on the guinea pig section on Ebay I sometimes have some on there. :)

[quotkarnrgpr ]
:) Hi I 'own' th Plant Guina sit. I only sll proucts that ar guina approv (by my own crw).

Th ral grasss ar so asy to grow if givn light, warmth an moistur. Thr is an option to soak/sprout thm first but prsonally I on't o that, you will rciv instructions on 'how to' though in cas you want to.

I rgularly gt 'ibl' grass within 14-15 ays (It os pn on conitions but it osn't tak much to gt thm right :)

[colorr]For inoor growing I rcommn on of or a mix of th ral Grasss (rganic an no ust/compost, 100g of s).Whatgrass is my favourit but th guinas rally on't min.

Whatgrass is th swtst with Barly bing last swt if you n to tak that into consiration, Protin is 18-20%.

I can supply trays an labls if you wish PM m an I'll work out a pric.

Th hay an hrbs on th sit also gos towars th upkp of th scu Guinas hr. Thy rcommn th Alpin as oppos to Hrbal though thy o vntually at most of th hrbs. W ar hoping to tst mor hrbs out on thm soon.

Apologis for th 'Har sll' but now you know ;) Whn th sit is fully up an running I'll lt vryon know :)

Also look on th guina pig sction on Ebay I somtims hav som on thr. :)
[/quot]

HI Karn tri to PM you but your inbox is full ! Iv highlight th on I'm intrst in if you can lt m know th cost wu b brill !

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine have arrived now Karen thanks very much

Only have to find some compost !!

Cheers Chuck

:) Let me know how you get on, Wheekback is important. I sow mine direct onto compost now (without sprouting) it works better for me ;) I got a big bag of compost from Focus in the summer. Still time to grow some for their Pigmas present ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back