• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Can They Climb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I've just built my new addition Rodney a C&C cage. It has a a wooden base and then the grids placed around on the outside. I'm just a little worried about whether or not it really needs a lid on it?

Has anyone had any guineas manage to climb out of their grid cages?

I didn't think they could climb very well.. but Rodney managed to climb up some bricks the other day so now I'm a little worried he could escape if I left it without a lid.

Most of thr pictured I've seen have them without lids :{

they arent as good at escaping as hamsters but they are still damn good at it as long as your C&C is over 1ft tall and you gont place anythng for them to stand on near the side you will be ok

The grids I've got are 15 inches tall. But they seem quite low to me, hence the worry. The only thing he's got to climb on is a pigloo thing, he likes to put his front paws on and strike a pose :))

I guess I would say the wooden ''wall'' he climbed over the other day was about 10inches or so.

Having owned rabbits and hamsters I'm just not used to seeing a cage without a lid :^-

They normally don't climb, unless the male is housed next to females. Then they would be tempted to climb out. If you don't put houses or steps too close to the side, they should not be able get out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back