• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Can you tell if shes pregnant? Pic included

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lolaa

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Lilee looks really fat and "pear" in shape, could she be pregnant?
I just got her yesterday and she is double the size of the other girls:{
Shes not very active and just sits eatting her hay all day :{
SAM_7664.jpg

have you felt her tummy gently the later stages you can feel the babies move xx

Where did you get her from? As the others have said when you lay your hands gently on her you may be able to feel movement. She certainly looks fuller behind however some sows that have had previous litters have a similar shape.

O-M-G!
what on earth do i do, I'm totally new to guinea pigs and the woman didnt say she was pregnant:{
i will watch her tummy now, i hope she isnt pregnant poor piggy!

just gently put ** hand under her tummy flat and you may feel movement you may have to leave it there for a few minutes xx

i know this sounds stupid but where do i feel?
Like in the middle of her tummy or the sides?

Sides and just underneath, only gently and you may have to wait a few mins to feel anything. Please try not to panic as she may not be pregnant. Do you know the woman she came from?

I know the woman she come from but cant get in contact with her, do you think its worth taking her to the vet tomorrow, i had a hold of her trying to feel for anything but the group started to fight without her there I'm really not sure what to do:{
If shes pregnant would the vets be too stressful for her or not?

Madison, Matilda, Melissa and April these are my guinea pigs and are rescues.
Two were just handed into my friend and she fosters for the rescue but i have had to take them on as fosters as she is over run with animals,i have very limited info about them. :{
Its all so confusing how this is working out, but Lilee is my foster piggy along with niamh, but the other four are mine.

ALSO;- The owner of this rescue is away visiting family and leaving all of the fosters to take in new animals and care for them :{

Last edited:
In that case try not to worry as the rescue lady can take them back on when she returns. Why not ask your foster friend to check the sow as she will probably be able to tell.

Hi,

she looks pregnant to me, gently cup your hands around the two bulges at the sides, if she is you may be able to feel either flutterings or kicks if she is.

Also is she drinking/eating alot?

well to be honest its hard to say wether or not shes drinking or eatting loads as there's 6 of them sharing food and water however, shes first to the food/hay and she is drinking a fair bit in the last 10 minutes shes had two goes at the water bottle and the others havent bothered with it.
Could she be possibly over weight or does she look pregnant?
what should i expect if she is, do i have to take her away from the group of girls or not?

I'm spending the night downstairs to watch her eatting and drinking habbits. Shes drinking a fair bit water and just keeps going to sleep, she falls asleep in the hay tray and flops then starts eatting hay, non of the others are doing this.

Just pop her to the vets tomorrw if you are worried.

I'm spending the night downstairs to watch her eatting and drinking habbits. Shes drinking a fair bit water and just keeps going to sleep, she falls asleep in the hay tray and flops then starts eatting hay, non of the others are doing this.

I have a pregnant sow at the moment and she is eating like a horse, she also is hogging the litter tray with the hay she takes cat naps in it lying down to eat sometimes and will get grumpy if the other two approach.

sometimes if she is stressed with them you can separate her but I am keeping mine in with my other two sows until she has the babies.

The only way to tell is if you feel movement:))

To me they look like pregancy bulges, I have a fat sow and she looks different to that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back