• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Cancer Research Mud Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not breaking any rules, payday friday so I will make a donation for you, give me a reminder nudge if I don't please x

Not breaking any rules, payday friday so I will make a donation for you, give me a reminder nudge if I don't please x
Thank you that's really kind, for anyone that knows me I am not a runner, I'm fairly lazy so this is genuinely a challenge for me hehe, I should take the pigs they would love running around a big field and woodland lol

I too shall fling you some pennies. Is it the devils run in or around Cheltenham?
I could never do anything like this, very best of luck to you :)

Thank you that's really kind, for anyone that knows me I am not a runner, I'm fairly lazy so this is genuinely a challenge for me hehe, I should take the pigs they would love running around a big field and woodland lol

Well done you. If you need any tips or training advice just ask - i am a runner :) and just getting back into running races again (dodgy knees allowing) I think you'll really enjoy it, it looks like a really fun run :)

I too shall fling you some pennies. Is it the devils run in or around Cheltenham?
I could never do anything like this, very best of luck to you :)
is in Hertfordshire, phasels wood! I'm excite but know I will be terrible at it haha!

Well done you. If you need any tips or training advice just ask - i am a runner :) and just getting back into running races again (dodgy knees allowing) I think you'll really enjoy it, it looks like a really fun run :)

Thank you any advice is really very welcome, I genuinely don't feel like running is natural I have to many wobbly bits of flab! I also need to find some very cheap but suitable attire for the event as I'm guessing jeans and hoody wont be practical lol id love to be a runner if I could, is there such a thing as a runners high? Ive heard the term and curious.

Reactions: Tim
Thank you any advice is really very welcome, I genuinely don't feel like running is natural I have to many wobbly bits of flab! I also need to find some very cheap but suitable attire for the event as I'm guessing jeans and hoody wont be practical lol id love to be a runner if I could, is there such a thing as a runners high? Ive heard the term and curious.

You'd be surprised, Mrs SB is not a natural runner and never thought she could run and completed 2 Half marathons, she started of by run/walking and ran a 5k for sport relief and it went from there.

If you have not really run and would like to run the whole way then a Walk/Run training plan is a good idea. I successfully got my sister running a mile with this technique. It gets you gradually used to running and helps avoid any injuries through overdoing it. It also provides structure and focus something I always need with training for big runs/races.

Before you start walk/run training plan it is best to make sure you can walk at least a mile or so,

Have a look at these training plans

http://www.runnersworld.com/getting-started/the-8-week-beginners-program

http://www.bupa.co.uk/running/training/training-programmes/beginner-5km/

As for outfit, head to sportssoccer get some cheap running tights/leggings they'll keep you comfy and a run tshirt too these help wick away sweat from your skin, there always sales of karimoor stuff so you can get it cheaply and a comfy pair of running trainers (that you don't mind getting muddy)

Runners high? Hmmmmm best way to describe it it's like a huge release of adrenaline - I get it after a hard run or treadmill session and the end of a race like a Race for Life type thing, it can occur in any exercise not just running its a release of Endorphins. You feel energised and excited.
You will definitely feel a huge sense of achievement doing it and there is a lovely camaraderie too - I have marshalled Race for Life events in past they really are a fun thing to do.

You are giving something challenging a go and that is a great thing to do, I will not forget to sponsor you

You'd be surprised, Mrs SB is not a natural runner and never thought she could run and completed 2 Half marathons, she started of by run/walking and ran a 5k for sport relief and it went from there.

If you have not really run and would like to run the whole way then a Walk/Run training plan is a good idea. I successfully got my sister running a mile with this technique. It gets you gradually used to running and helps avoid any injuries through overdoing it. It also provides structure and focus something I always need with training for big runs/races.

Before you start walk/run training plan it is best to make sure you can walk at least a mile or so,

Have a look at these training plans

http://www.runnersworld.com/getting-started/the-8-week-beginners-program

http://www.bupa.co.uk/running/training/training-programmes/beginner-5km/

As for outfit, head to sportssoccer get some cheap running tights/leggings they'll keep you comfy and a run tshirt too these help wick away sweat from your skin, there always sales of karimoor stuff so you can get it cheaply and a comfy pair of running trainers (that you don't mind getting muddy)

Runners high? Hmmmmm best way to describe it it's like a huge release of adrenaline - I get it after a hard run or treadmill session and the end of a race like a Race for Life type thing, it can occur in any exercise not just running its a release of Endorphins. You feel energised and excited.
You will definitely feel a huge sense of achievement doing it and there is a lovely camaraderie too - I have marshalled Race for Life events in past they really are a fun thing to do.

You are giving something challenging a go and that is a great thing to do, I will not forget to sponsor you
Thank you I will look at training like this although I may not do a full plan I can try and fit in what I can, ill also pop down sport soccer on my day off I thought they would be the best/cheapest.

Ive got some old white trainers that ive barely used so ill prob use those rather than buying new ones, they may just never be white again lol

I'm looking at headstraps for my gopro so I can try and film it, are gopros allowed at these events? I thought it could make for an amusing video of sorts as well as proof of my attempt. Hehe.

Thank you so much for your donation its so very kind

@sport_billy well I went to sport soccer today and got some lagear 3 quarter length Capri trousers, I tried on some Lycra leggings but they went a bit see through on me and weren't flattering haha they didn't have any bigger size so settled for the Capri ones. I have also dug out the old trainers and got a cheap pink vest top for the event. I have also received by runners number so there is no going back now!

Ive been doing a couple of work out dvds every other day just to help improve my fitness and keep me moving for longer periods of time, my fitbit also confirms ive been doing 12000 steps a day at work as well, and I'm cutting down my food and changing to healthier stuff. So my next step is to get the courage up to try going out for my first jog lol I am procrastinating it as much as i can lol

@sport_billy well I went to sport soccer today and got some lagear 3 quarter length Capri trousers, I tried on some Lycra leggings but they went a bit see through on me and weren't flattering haha they didn't have any bigger size so settled for the Capri ones. I have also dug out the old trainers and got a cheap pink vest top for the event. I have also received by runners number so there is no going back now!

Ive been doing a couple of work out dvds every other day just to help improve my fitness and keep me moving for longer periods of time, my fitbit also confirms ive been doing 12000 steps a day at work as well, and I'm cutting down my food and changing to healthier stuff. So my next step is to get the courage up to try going out for my first jog lol I am procrastinating it as much as i can lol

Well done you :)

When the running numbers come you get excited. Just do a little for your first Jog, the legs will be tired the day after as you will be using different muscles to your workout dvds etc so you will feel it, but don't overdo it, start slowly and work up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back