• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Can't Find Good Pellets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maisy and Poppy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
At the moment my girls are on a mix of pets@home guinea pig nuggets and selective guinea pig nuggets but what do you guys use and think is best? Going to pets@home soon so preferably ones they sell. Whats so special about excel. Someone from pets @ home said the same as their own brand but just different packaging but might just be trying to sell their brand ...
I like feeing a mix of pellets for variety.
Thanks!

I dont know if you can get it in pets at home but I use harringtons. It's about £3 in Asda and my piggies love it and eat all of it at breakfast and tea time

In my opinon I definitely think that, in the mid price range food that excel is a good choice, as well as harringtons. My pigs are on burgess excel. Obviously it is always better to go for the better foods, but we can't all do that as they come with a lot higher price tag. There has been a lot of good reviews of burgess excel.

Burgess are ok, in the rankings with bunny and vitacraft aside.
But burgess contain grains, and other junk,

Yes they do, but for a mid range guinea pig food, they could be worse.

Many owners have experienced less/near to none calcium deposits from changing over from burgess, @piggyfan can vouch for that.
Of course other brands are very much up to you, ;) money can be the problem though, as some grainless brands are quite pricey.

I couldn't agree more. I do think that some brands are better than others, but not everyone can afford the higher priced brands and not everyone has the option of ordering online, especially some of the younger members of the forum who have to rely on their parents and local pet shops.

We use Jr farm pellets, they do the job and haven't had any faults with them!

I use pets at home nuggets and wagg Muslim and amber is quite healthy. Don't see that there's much wrong with what your doing @Maisy and Poppy if pets at home nuggets is easier for you to get then I'd stick to them. Especially if you guinea pigs are liking them.

Would you be able to buy anything from the internet? Or is it that pets at home is easier for you to get stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back