Cardboard boxes

Rivervixen

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi all, I’ve seen that a few people swear by cardboard boxes, and while mine seem to be enjoying them I’m a little worried when I realise they’re eating bits of them. Do I take them out or is this ok? I’ve given them a cereal box

Kirsty B

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Mine love a winebox! If Tallullah doesnt have a cardboard box or haycube she eats the plastic on her cage, so we always have something cardboard for her- Amazon delivery boxes are great too if you take the tape off!
Thanks a lot for mentioning printed boxes👍 as wasnt sure if these would be safe ... been ordering just one or two little items for piggies 😁

Ritika

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Lol once I bought a big fluffy cuddly cushion bed for them and they never even slept in it they prefer their old cardboard box with some blankets and fleece in it to sleep 😁

Merab's Slave

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Mine love a winebox! If Tallullah doesnt have a cardboard box or haycube she eats the plastic on her cage, so we always have something cardboard for her- Amazon delivery boxes are great too if you take the tape off!
And I’m sure you rise nobly to the occasion and drink the wine just so the piggies can have the box :))