• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Carefresh, paper litter stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kellie

Where can I get it, I am sure I havent seen it at the pet store or have I been looking in the wrong place. I am possibly going to be fostering 2 gorgeous rats and thats what they have in the cage, I will have to get it, but I will get the money for it.

Carefresh you can get from Pets at Home. You could get it for £1 cheaper couple of weeks a go but its now £2.99 for a small bag. A lot of people don't use it because of how pricey it is. I use carefresh at the moment as it lasts a lot longer than a lot of other things however I will change to something else soon probably. Hope this helps you on looking for that!

which section would it be in? litter section I guess? I suppose I wont need much with a rat cage. Its not me paying for it anyway, it will be the rescue LOL, as I am going to be fostering a couple of rats.

You can also use 100% paper cat litter which will probably work out cheaper!

Sainburys own is good as it Bob Martins and Biocatlet.

Just make sure it is 100% paper and unscented.

I have 3 rats so if you need any help just shout!

Kate

Paper litter is a good choice, I have tried that with my cats but they hated it LOL.
Are your rats really friendly? These are 2 males age 5 months and 2 months, and they have been handled daily are are quite friendly. It Will make a nice change.

OOh thanks Ellie, Ive heard of it but I had just never noticed it LOL

lol That website is more expensive then the shop. Its been £2.99 everywhere I have been but you really don't get that much. I can fill 1 cage with it and that uses a whole bag. I would use what Kate has recommended. It prob will work out a lot cheaper.

I think I will get the paper litter from! It will have more in the bag I think!

Carefresh is really expensive :o I've used Megazorb in the past which is the English equivilent of Carefresh, and it was really good. It works out more expensive than using shavings, so not really ideal if you have tons of piggies ::) I used to have a piggy that had severe allergies and it was ideal for him ;D Here is a link to their website if you would like to take a look :)

http://www.megazorb.co.uk/

Thanks for that, its not for piggies though, for a rat cage , so I wont need much. So I guess a small bag will last a week or so?

You can still use if for rats and it works out alot cheaper to buy a large sack of it. If you have room to store it then its worth bearing in mind :)

Thats a good idea , I will have plenty of room for storing as I usually buy the big bags of hay and woodshavings too!

It is always so much cheaper to buy in bulk. I have lots of piggies at present and have been buying in bulk for the last three years. Before that I only ever had six piggies at the most and used to buy hay and shavings at my local pet shops. When I discovered bulk buying and saw how much cheaper it was, I vowed that I would only ever buy in bulk..... even if I only had one piggy, lol :D

megazorb is really good and comes in a massive sack type thing, which lasts for ages, think it cost me about £15 or something like that...

here it is http://www.bunnymail.co.uk// that is for 75 litres

carefresh comes in 10 litre bags for £2.99 each so thats 29p a litre compared to 20p alitre... i think but it all depends on how much you needs...

have a look here...

http://www.erodent.co.uk/Bedding.htm

I will try and do a write up of all the bedding materials pro and cons etc and post it within a couple of days, as have tried nearly them all

Hi,

If anyone is looking for megazorb ask at you local stables. I buy megazorb at £6 a sack and then but medibed on top which is about £8 for a huge bale both are from a local farm which also sells animal foods.

Emma ;D

megazorb on bunnymail is expensive. you can get huge bags of megazorb at horsey places for about £6-£7. lasts ages. i used this before i swopped to vetbeds. megazorb is very good I would of kept withthat but i had to travel 25 miles each way to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back