• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Carrot Cottage Demolition Thread

Our first cottage was binned today after someone one (or two) made it very wet! Was going to leave it a few weeks before they got another but rain stopped grass time in the garden very early today. They looked a bit fed up when they came in so I relented and gave them the one I had in the cupboard. I can't hear myself think for the noise of two very happy piggies stripping hay wall paper.

I have always bought the large one and my pigs can't teach the carrot top so going for the medium next time lol

I think I read that @Beans&Toast did that, and then she just cut an inch or two off of the bottom to make it shorter?
Then posted a fabulous video of Beans making off with the strip of cottage!

I buy the medium, fudge goes for the inside and crunchie the outside!

image.jpeg

Fudge has widened the doorway to accomodate for her sleeping positions..
image.jpeg

She lays sideways in everything.. Her favourite being a long and narrow hidey..

image.jpeg

I bought her a large round one, as well as a square one.. She refuses to use them as they are too "roomey"!

OK, so after scouring the pet shops of Switzerland I have failed to come up with a single carrot cottage.

But I did find a hay cottage, which I am assuming is the same thing, just without the carrot topping?
So can I still join this thread anyway?

Actually I am not really asking permission - I was always planning to post anyway :))

So we added the hay house to the cage while the piggies were out on the lawn, and when they came back they all started chewing on it immediately, which is pretty impressive because they are always exhausted after spending the afternoon outside.

Not surprisingly Eddi was the first to discover it and start the destruction :roll:
IMG_5252.jpg
He was quickly joined by Ruby and Lucy (Eddi was inside the cottage at this point).
IMG_5259.jpg
Although Ruby was so tired she decided to lay in a bed while she chewed :nod:
IMG_5266.jpg
To be honest I fear for the life of this poor little cottage - I suspect it won't be with our family for long....

Back