• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Cat deterrent

JunePiggies19

*photo competition winner*
Reaction score
My guinea pigs have a run outside and like to eat the grass. We get a lot of cats in our garden so if we put cat deterrent pellets down (containing orange oil) will my pigs still be able to eat the grass? Thanks in advance :)

I found that the pellets and nearly everything I used didn't work. My garden had previously been overrun with cats for years...it took me one year. How you wonder?

Ultrasonic devices. Battery operated and directed at their entrance points. It was never directed at the pigs and to be honest it appeared not to bother them, nor birds for that matter. I had to spot the cats using it as a toilet, it was matter of health.

Our garden is really rubbish for guinea pigs because we get foxes and birds as well as cats. That's why we keep them inside and never leave them unsupervised outdoors. :(

Check out my topic on the fun that has gone on my garden, sadly coming to an end. One Delilah has passed, that will put paid to the furry fun in my house.
Delilah

Back