• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sue and Smartie

Competition Winner
Reaction score
I had a terrible day on Monday as I had to take my (very old) cat Daisy to the vet to be pts. She'd been with me for 16 years and had a huge place in my heart.

From past experience, being catless is not good, so yesterday after work I visited our local animal rehoming centre and had a look at all the cats looking for new homes. I have chosen two cats who will be coming home with me on Saturday. I have had pets from there before so they said I didn't need a home check, and did I want to take them there & then? But I have all of Daisy's things to sort out, and I want to wash all the cat beds. Also I would prefer to be at home at least for the first couple of days with them, so first thing Saturday I am off to the centre with my cat basket :)

One is black and has the LOUDEST purr imaginable. The other is tortoiseshell with white paws. They are both very cuddly and will hopefully fill the cat-shaped hole in our lives. Will get pics...

I had a terrible day on Monday as I had to take my (very old) cat Daisy to the vet to be pts. She'd been with me for 16 years and had a huge place in my heart.

From past experience, being catless is not good, so yesterday after work I visited our local animal rehoming centre and had a look at all the cats looking for new homes. I have chosen two cats who will be coming home with me on Saturday. I have had pets from there before so they said I didn't need a home check, and did I want to take them there & then? But I have all of Daisy's things to sort out, and I want to wash all the cat beds. Also I would prefer to be at home at least for the first couple of days with them, so first thing Saturday I am off to the centre with my cat basket :)

One is black and has the LOUDEST purr imaginable. The other is tortoiseshell with white paws. They are both very cuddly and will hopefully fill the cat-shaped hole in our lives. Will get pics...
I love having cats. They are such wonderful, cheeky characters. Alas, I don't have any these days because of the pigs and rats (and my last one had a thing for wallpaper and getting stuck on top of doors).
So very sorry for the loss of your kitty, 16 is an amazing age! I hope that your new additions bring lots of love and laughter into your life and don't kick poop out of the kitty litter :)

They sound wonderful. Hope they settle in well on Saturday.

I am so sorry about Daisy, she was a really good age. Our family cat is 18 and I am starting to worry about how long we have with him. He lives with my parents.

I am so sorry for your loss. How lovely to be giving two rescue cats a loving home. I am looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Meet Pixie
DSCF3133_zps2af5044d.jpg

She is quite small but has a big purr and is beginning to relax a bit today.
She likes playing Bed Mice!
DSCF3149_zps408fa4e6.jpg

And this is Pudding :)
DSCF3147_zpsb8391f5d.jpg

She's very soft and very cuddly but she was the longest resident in the cats' home (had been there since July) so she has a lot of adjusting to do. Fortunately she likes being comforted...
DSCF3141_zps906b78b4.jpg

Her eye was a bit weepy when I went to pick her up so she had some eye ointment before I brought her home, that's why her eye looks a bit mucky. It's much better today.

So sorry to hear about Daisy :( my cat has just celebrated his 16th birthday too!

The new cats are adorable! Mine looks just like your new black one! I hope they will make you happy! They seem so happy with you already :)

Aww I'm sorry about Daisy but 16 what a fantastic age! She clearly lived a wonderful life with you :)

Your new additions are gorgeous, when I lived at home we had two cats and I found their purrs to be so comforting especially when trying to sleep :)

I'm so sorry for your loss. Xx huge to you.
Oh my goodness! Those two little characters are stunning

Sorry to hear the sad news of Daisy, but like most people have been saying, 16 years is a good age, my Charlie is 14 now.
Pixie and Pudding look absolutely gorgeous, I love cats. Good on you for re homing them, it does look like they have been with you ages by how relaxed they look. :love::D

They were Patsy & Jasmine, we chose new names for them.
Pixie was Pixie from the moment I saw her but Pudding might have been Pumpkin or Poppy or Twinkle. Once she came home yesterday she was definitely Pudding.
We are also having to do some adjusting as we have had such old cats for so long we had forgotten how much galloping about they do at this age. They are also fascinated by the guinea pigs and I have securely fastened the piggies' roof just in case one of them is tempted.
I don't want to go to work tomorrow, I'd much rather stay home and play with the cats :)

Oh my gosh! I'm in love! especially with Pudding! Those markings! I love the ginger and black!
I'm glad you've taken on a black cat, most people have such horrible things to say about black cats. When I use to work in a cattery the black ones were always the ones left, poor little things. I have two black cats :) and two tabby's as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back