• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

CCT is 5 minutes from my house and I never knew!

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kiraroo

i always knew the cambridge cavy trust must be relatively close to me what with me living in cambridgeshire but i was having a look online yesterday and found out its in the same village i live in!

I saw online they are looking for volunteers and tonight I'm going to have a chat with someone about helping out

You are so lucky to live near to the CCT. I've been a couple of times but it takes just over an hour for me to get there.

Vedra was telling me how she always appreciates help if anyone can spare a bit of time. I am sure she would be really pleased to hear from you.

Debbie xx

You'll have to become a B&B for those of us from further afield who want to go there ;)

my spare bedroom is a cat bedroom and you will have to sleep with a sphynx who sleeps under the covers and wakes you up by licking you!

DebbieR said:
It would be just like home ;D ;D

sounds a bit like our house too with cats ! ours just walk on your head to get your attention! :o

How brilliant to be living right on the doorstep of the CCT. Its a good 2 hours drive for me to get there. I think we need some local branches popping up... how nice would that be so everyone is within easier access.

Deb x

i'm going to see Vedra on Wednesday with the guineas and talk to her about volunteering, seems silly not to help when i live so close

of course I will. I used to work for a pretty big animal charity so I'm sure there are some office skills I can help out with too.

kiraroo said:
i always knew the cambridge cavy trust must be relatively close to me what with me living in cambridgeshire but i was having a look online yesterday and found out its in the same village i live in!

I saw online they are looking for volunteers and tonight I'm going to have a chat with someone about helping out

Hi

We live in St.Ives and are going to the CCT tonight to meet Vedra and get some advice. Before getting the Fizzies we had never heard of the CCT and I pass there 4 -5 times a week. Pretty sure i used to know someone that lived there, a chap called Alex

I take it they are well recommended then ? :)

I went there today - a 150 mile round trip!
Vedra was really great and had to keep 2 out of the 6 I took. The 2 I left there are two new fosters that I have had in isolation so no personal pigs thank god. One has ring worm and various sebatious cysts and the other has a kind of uterine stone (I think) visible on her
girly bits which needs removing. Goes to show what happens when a GP is fed on shredded wheat (I kid you not - I still have it in the bowl it came in).
It feels good that my own pigs (whcih include the Lilac pig from Mary - how could I let her go!) were all fine. I knew they were ok other than the ovarian cysts which was one of my main reasons for the visit.
I will be going back next week so if anyone between Nottingham & Huntingdon needs a lift etc get in touch.

I would recommend CCT to everyone. How they do what they do for such a small membership fee I don't know. I will be doing a bit of fund raising I think!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back