• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

CCT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Can some one give me the name and details of the CCT as some times at work we might have some one in that could benifit from using them. Thanks 8)

Mary

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
Here you are....

Cambridgeshire Cavy Trust - CCT

CCT
1 Splash Lane
Wyton
Huntingdon
Cambs
PE28 2AF

Surgery hours are by appointment only: Call or text Vedra on: 07721026401

CCT is a charity and relies heavily on donations and volunteers. Membership is £25 a year, there is no consultation fee for rodents and dental work and routine nail clipping is done free of charge

Reaction score
could you make that a sticky?

when I wanted to drive down to the CCT I googled for it, and the rodentologists website still had the old address on it, in Upton..

luckily they had the right telephone number on there, but we spent ages trying to find Upton, because it just didnt make sense together with the instructions Vedra had given us over the phone... turns out she moved from there ages ago, and then we got the new adress and TADAH! it all made sense all of a sudden :)

Its just that alot of websites havent updated her address, so that might be handy as a sticky topic...

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
It is on a sticky already in General Chat - I will put one on here too! :)

boureki

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the CCT price of membership is per household or per piggie? Thanks

boureki

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
OK Thanks - will contact them :)

P

Pampered Piggies

Yes its per household and it includes free consultations, free dentals and free worming. Plus if you need medicine its a lot cheaper than vets prices.
£25 well spent. There are no extra out of hours fees either.

One comment though Vedra is always busy and cant answer the phone so best to text her and she normally rings back pretty quickly O0

4leggedfriends

I'm lucky enough to live 5 minutes away :) she is a god send and really knows her stuff with all the piggies i have had its great to have such a qualified person so close :)

one thing worth mentioning is Vedra is alergic to wood so u have to tell her in advance if u keep urs on shavings :)

Reaction score
:'( :'( :'( :'( why can't we have something like this here in australia! so many piggies and bunnies have lost their lives-mine included due to lack of knowledge by the vet/s! vets here close at noon saturday and don't open till monday. there is an after hours emergency vet 40-50kms away and if you go down they know nothing about guinea pigs and bunnies! wish people would love and care for their piggies and bunnies like you do in the UK and in the USA. it is so sad :'( :'( :'( with the lack of knowledge and care they get!
being only $10.00 to replace most people just don't bother! :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: such a sad world and country we live in! :'( :'( can only hope with time things will improve, sadly they can't get worse! :'( :'( :tickedoff: :tickedoff: our vet desexed lour zoe due to a mass, now she thinks desexing all guinea piggies is the right way to go! all those poor piggies and the unnescressary stress! :'( :'( :'(hugs and cuddles to you all and your piggies! mind you thanks to maryh and her vet out vet did operate on zoe and zoe pulled through so for that i will be grateful to our vet and to maryh and her vet! so all the vets aren't too bad! :) :) :) it's just that they don't know much about them! :'( :'( :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.