• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

CCT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me! I have joined - it was only £20 - as I had to text/ring Vedra for advice about Guinness. She was brilliant and helped loads even though I wasn't a member. I joined after that as it seemed like the least I could do!

CCT is Cambridgeshire Cavy Trust. Basically its a place which relys on donations and they will treat your guinea pig for free (donations are appreciated).

In the UK you as an owner of an animal and a vet are the only people that are allowed to administer treatment to your pet. With the CCT, they ask you to sign your guinea pig over to them while they treat your animal and when your guinea pig is better they sign the animal back to you. I do believe that the CCT does have one qualified vet that works there. The people that work there are mainly rodentologists and other types of guinea pig experts.

Yeah, the day before Crater had her babies I was really worried about her as she hadn't had her babies and so I text one of the ladies at CCT and she got back to me straight away with the number of somebody who is "UK's GP Obstetrics Expet" so we gave her a call and she gave loads of helpful information. She told us that if Crater still hadn't her babies they could induce her and they would look after her till she littered down. Crater had her babies that night :)

I was wondering also! I was going to join right now, does anyone have any details, since the website is down?

Could someone explain to me what it has to offer? I know some things however, I would like to know more :)

One of the benefits is that they run some great lectures on rodentology. Luckily, Gina, the lady who runs the BAR training courses for the CCT lives really near to me and also looks after my piggies when I go away. I have been to lectures on dentistry, skin, respiratory diseases and emergency first aid. I hope to go to some more this year. If you want you can even do the full rodentology course.

I must admit i'm not too sure about the services the CCT offers although i'm pretty sure registration includes free advice and free check-ups for your piggies (probably more useful if you live in the cambridge area or near a rodentologist). I'm sure if you e-mailed Gina or gave her a ring she would be happy to chat with you about the services the CCT provides ;D

Alex x

http://www.rspcareadingguineapigs.co.uk/index_files/Page509.htm

Have a look at this link. The CCT is a very good thing to be a member of. Your piggy will not get better care or advice. They have a vet and rodentologists. I would rather take my 2 there or to another CCT trained rodentologist - even though I live no-where near than to the vet. If you're too far away, there may be a rodentologist living near you. The CCT will be able to point you in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back