• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

change in behaviour

joanne marie

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi i have 3 guinea pigs, one of which who’s name is Molly, since i got them Molly has always been the most docile and had no problem being picked up or being stroked but the last week she cant bear to let me touch her she jumps out of her skin does anyone know what might be causing this? Its very out of character. The other 2 seem fine.

joanne marie

New Born Pup
Reaction score
(i posted in here as i am wondering if it is a health issue that could be causing it)

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Please have her seen by a vet.
This could be caused by any number of things but discomfort, skin irritation etc could cause this.

joanne marie

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Let us know how it goes, as @Piggies&buns said it could be some irritation to her skin or something else but only a vet can diagnose x
shes just come back vet has said she is in perfect health she gave her a thorough check and also checked her fur etc. So still none the wiser unfortunately!

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
That’s good. It may just be she doesn’t want to be touched 🤷🏾‍♀️ Sometimes their sitting still doesn’t necessarily mean they enjoy it. Once they’re more comfortable with you they do make their feelings known.