• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Changing Over To Jr Farm Grainless

Status
Not open for further replies.

katie-elizabeth

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi all, I am changing the boys over to Jr Farm Grainless pellets & they arrived today, I just need a little advice... they've been on burgess, harringtons, and now currently the boys get two egg cups of asda pellets between them - how should the transition work and over how many days? I know the idea is to gradually introduce but I'm unsure of quantities, should I start with a scoop and a half of their normal pellets and half a scoop of Jr Farm, or should it be more gradual than that?

How many Jr Farm pellets should I be aiming to give them once they've got used to the change?

I've switched over their pellets before but I don't want to get it wrong with these as they have such different ingredients to what they're used to, if that makes sense?!

Thanks!

My boys get around 5 of these pellets each. I just mixed in a few at a time over a week with their old food and gradually added more. They went straight for the JR Farm. They wheek for them at 8pm every night which they didn't do with Burgess :)

My boys get around 5 of these pellets each. I just mixed in a few at a time over a week with their old food and gradually added more. They went straight for the JR Farm. They wheek for them at 8pm every night which they didn't do with Burgess :)
That's reassuring! Thank you :) they don't seem overly interested in pellets at the minute anyway, been throwing some away each day for the last few days so will see how it goes tonight!

I put a bowl of each in and didn't fill them until they'd been eaten, for about a month (but I have a special needs pig who needs to eat, and a bubba pig) so if yours are adults I'll assume you put less in each bowl :)

I put a bowl of each in and didn't fill them until they'd been eaten, for about a month (but I have a special needs pig who needs to eat, and a bubba pig) so if yours are adults I'll assume you put less in each bowl :)
Well I have a tricky situation because Joey is an adult who could really do with not putting on any more weight, and Shaun is still a babba who is still supposed to be getting unlimited pellets :mal:

Well I have a tricky situation because Joey is an adult who could really do with not putting on any more weight, and Shaun is still a babba who is still supposed to be getting unlimited pellets :mal:
Because the JR has less fat it may not matter too much at this stage for it to be unlimited. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back