Changing Up The Cage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HanN

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello! I have a question. My guy loves hiding out in his hay. He knows no one will bother him when he's in there. My only big issue is that it sure is messy and it's a pain to clean up! I was wondering if it would be bad to take this big hay pile away from him and put up a bunch of hay racks (like pictured below). Or are there any other less messy hay options? Thank you! (Sorry if pictures are small- on my cell phone, and they may turn out smaller than normal)

Attachments

CarnivalPiggy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
If you have enough room, I suppose you could get a large litter box or something similar and just empty it when needed?

Chief Guinea Pig

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
You can also get hay bags. Taking piles away for hay racks would be a bit disappointing for them!

artcasper

*Rescue Buddy*
Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
i know what you mean, hay gets everywhere on the fleece liner i have been using for a few days ... when i change
to a C&C cage for winter i am hoping to keep their pile of hay in a tray !

piggieminder

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
It would be a real shame to take his hay pile away, they do love to burrow in it. My boys have a collection of baskets (plastic) they love to jump into and burrow, I also put hay in boxes and paper bags which leads to some energetic games. I have found whatever I put hay in most of it usually ends up on the fleece, I brush it out with very stiff brush in the garden before washing.

piggieminder

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I got mine in Wilco, its the type you use with a dust pan but with the bristles like a yard brush, didn't cost much (less than £4 pos. £3?).

artcasper

*Rescue Buddy*
Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I got mine in Wilco, its the type you use with a dust pan but with the bristles like a yard brush, didn't cost much (less than £4 pos. £3?).
i've got one that came with a dustpan but i need a stiffer one, will have a look in wilko x

Status
Not open for further replies.