• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Charlotte is limping :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

piggyme234

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I just had Charlotte out for a cuddle and when I put her back she hopped out of my hands and started limping a bit. I don't know if she landed funny, it was only a few cm. She might have hurt it jumping off the tunnel that they use to get up to the mezzanine. She is sitting with her back left leg sticking out and holds it up when she runs. She is walking on it carefully and it didn't hurt her when I was checking it. I have moved the food and water off the mezzanine so she doesn't have to go up there to get them.

Is it most likely that she has just twisted/pulled something and she will be fine? Is there anything else it could be?

Only about two weeks ago my piggie Sam starting limping....not sure what he did. I gave him a dose of metacam incase it was sore but by the next day he was walking on it fine.

I have had another piggie who last year tripped over the edge of his new toilet tray and he limped very badly....his foot was also very swollen about 3 times the size of his other foot and was very hot to touch. We went to the vets who said she could feel no break but would do an xray if it didn't settle. It did settle but took quite a while.

I would keep an eye this evening and tomorrow and if still limping maybe a trip to the vets for pain killer or anti inflammatory and they could give more advice?

Hope Charlotte is ok x

Just noticed one of my girls has pink wee :{ everything always goes wrong at the same time. Is there anything that Charlotte could have which could cause both? I will separate them after they have had tea and see which one is peeing pink.

My Erin was limping back in August but she was as right as rain within a few days. Jut keep an eye on Charlotte but it is mor likely to be a sprain that will heal by itself.

As for the pink pee, it could be down to the veggies they have eaten. If you suspect the beginning of a UTI, you can try syringing the culprit unsweetened cranberry juice as much as she will take. Ocean spray light is a popular choice on here which can be brought from most supermarkets.

Have a look at this link on UTI's http://www.guinealynx.info/uti.html

Best of luck xx

My Erin was limping back in August but she was as right as rain within a few days. Jut keep an eye on Charlotte but it is mor likely to be a sprain that will heal by itself.

As for the pink pee, it could be down to the veggies they have eaten. If you suspect the beginning of a UTI, you can try syringing the culprit unsweetened cranberry juice as much as she will take. Ocean spray light is a popular choice on here which can be brought from most supermarkets.

Have a look at this link on UTI's http://www.guinealynx.info/uti.html

Best of luck xx

Ah my old nemesis the UTI rolleyes Rosie used to get them often and liked her cranberry juice. They have not had any red veggies today so it is probably a UTI. I hope it's not Charlotte, not that I want it to be any of them, she has been through so much lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back