• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Cheap Commercial Cages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuineaPiggie

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Could anybody give me the links for any cheap commercial cages that can be bought online? I need them for the piggies while I'm on holiday as they're going to stay with my aunt.

I need three cages.

One for 3 babies so bars must not be too far apart.

One for 2 male guinea pigs. One is quite large.

One for 1 adult female and 2 babies.

I already have a spare cage that Dolly will be going into while at my aunts.

These aren't my current housing arrangements but will be when I go away.

I'm hoping between £40-£60 per cage.

Thanks guys, look forward to your suggestions.

Zooplus is the cheapest online site. The ferplast 120cm cages are a bit more expensive, but easier to pick up piggies and to clean out the cages from. If you want the cages just for temporary, Skyline Maxi will do. I have got one of either as hospital/guest cages.
http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/hutches_cages/guinea_pig_cages

Alternatively, you can make easy temporary pens from existing C&C grids, provided that there are not cats or dogs in the household with some fleece blankets, cheap towels and a plastic underlay:

Unfortunatly she has two cats, that's why I need a proper cage as opposed to a c and c like the ones they're in with me at home. I think I think I'll go for the ferplast 120cm cage as I will be using it in future and in about a years time I will be going away for 3 months so I need a long term cage. Thanks.

The ferplast 120cm is a good cage, take the plastic insert out though as it takes up room and replace it with 2 houses. For adult piggies you'd be looking at a 140cm cage and I think ebay would then be you best bet for cheapness

The Range sells a good 120 cm cage for £40 or little pet warehouse online sell their own 120cm cage for around £40
I have one of both and think they are ace :)

Just looked and the ferplast 120 is £50 on zooplus. Hope they are still this price when i need one later in the year

Just looked and the ferplast 120 is £50 on zooplus. Hope they are still this price when i need one later in the year

They have been around that for a year or two now, I think you'll be fine :)

Do you have a link to any on ebay? Needs to be delivered via courier or something as I'm in Northern Ireland and there is never any cages for sale here. I only saw one but it was too small.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back