• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

cheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheap!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
cheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheapcheap!

Ok that's what i got last night from one of the pigs it was a constant 'cheap' sound (like birds tweeting' sound) it lasted for over an hour with no pauses, at 3am wasn't funny!

It wasn't the usual rumbling or the 'wheeking' when they want something nor the sound when they are scared, i swear one of the pigs was breaking out in song!

Now i have heard this sound a few times before from the pigs but yet i have never heard piggys i have owned previously make that sound.

Can anyone shed some light on this behaviour?

I think that's what some people call "singing". As far as I know it's pretty unusual. One of mine has done it once, but only for about 10 minutes . I can't shed any light on why though...

hah figured as much, i though at first it was the wife rolling over calling cheap cos i refused to spend money on redecorating the kitchen this year!

Some people say this is a sound made by piggies in utter contentment, others say it's a distress call. I don't think we'll ever really know, although I really wish I did!

My Willow 'sings' quite often for short bursts. In fact she was singing earlier this evening. Thankfully it doesn't usually last longer than 5 or 10 minutes at the most with her, she's never sang for a full hour! zzz

It's called chirrupping or singing. Many never get to hear it. You seem to have had an overdose! Lucky you. lol x

Like this ;), this is Patrick Chirping which I think is happyness. Unfortunately you can't see him but you can hear him.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc4F31NYUUU[/ame]

This is Milo, I think this was an alarm call, I was looking at him as he was doing it and Bette was having Spasms. I think perhaps he picked up on my worry and Bettes pain but who knows.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wML9NA6g5II[/ame]

it was that sound but much much louder and much faster. i know there was nothing wrong with any of the other pigs cos i put the light on and checked, just stood in the middle of the pen head in the air and 'singing ' at full blast!

Both of mine have done this once, one at 3am and one at 6am zzz It was a lovely sound to be woken up to though :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back