Check Your Bottles!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry&lloyd

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I feel so guilty! Katie and Nala were in the garden for about an hour and a half, most of the run in the shade and a nice breeze but not too cold or too hot. Just brought them inside along with their glass water bottle, bottle felt normal temp on outside but when I emptied the water out it was warm verging on hot! They don't seem bothered at all, I don't think they went near it as they don't normally drink when out but now I'm not sure wether to let Harry & Lloyd out. I feel terrible, is this a common thing with bottles? Is it because they're glass?
Agh they're happily munching hay but now I'm paranoid :(

BonBon2010

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I think its worse with glass, just make sure you keep the bottle in the shade if you can x

Chief Guinea Pig

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Ahh don't feel bad. I have done this before, even my plastic bottles with a cover on get a little warm sometimes!
Just like @BonBon2010 says keep it in the shade if you can! :D

Harry&lloyd

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've given Harry & Lloyd one of the old plastic bottles while they're out. Will keep a close eye on it. It's amazing how quickly it heated up

AuntyC

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Bottles are also more likely to develop green algae growth in warmer weather. A cotton bud is helpful in cleaning spouts, you'd be surprised how much gunk accumulates out of sight down there!:yikes:

GuineaPigFan15

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thank you @Harry&lloyd, I will make sure to check the water bottle once in a while when my piggies are out. I didn't know this happened so it's nice to be aware!

Status
Not open for further replies.