Chester And Charlie's First Holiday

Status
Not open for further replies.

BertisKing

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Good evening all, Charlie here- just thought I'd let you all know how my first ever camping trip is going. ( The thread title may say Chester too, but we all know he's only come along so I have something to chase when I get bored)
20140929_220702.jpg

I've never been on holiday before- I'm only just about a year old and didnt join the family until Autumn last year. The journey from Stoke to Eastbourne was horrible, despite the slave stopping regularly to give us snacks. I've not been in a carrier since I first came home and I did not appreciate having to share my space with Chester. Chester would like it noted that for him the journey was ten times worse as he had to deal with me humping him, but like I say, he's only here for my entertainment anyway.
20150807_091403.jpg
The accommodation leaves much to be desired- not only is it smaller than home, I'm expected to live in much closer confines with the neighbours as well. Of course, they have all done this camping lark before, so for them it's old hat.
20150807_093235.jpg
I don't think the slave trusts us to drink enough in the very hot weather, but I'm not complaining- the breakfasts are much improved from the ones at home!
20150807_091412.jpg
I did helpfully point out all the weaknesses in the covers of the (sub-par) housing that has been supplied. I did this at 2.30am, thinking that the slave would appreciate the gesture- she's always saying she'll only run when it's dark and no one can see- but it didn't go down too well and she pegged me in. The next night I found another weak spot and went next door to see Fred and George, but they didn't want to play either boring old men.
And do you know the worst thing? The girls are in a separate block that I'm not allowed to visit, but can see from my window! (Though I can watch them do yoga in the morning, which is nice)
20150806_085240.jpg
All in all, not a terrible way to spend a week- plenty of grass time at least, though the slave doesn't seem to grasp that even if we are on holiday, breakfast is still at 6.45am- my body clock knows it, the others body clock knows it, so we have to help the slave remember by wheeking loudly and insistently till she gets up. Lazy human, you just can't get the staff.
I've just been settled down with a new pile of hay and a fan heater, so I'll sleep well tonight (all the corners of the pen have been well pegged down, so no late night runs tonight)
and we'll see what the next few days bring!
Goodnight, Charlie x
20150807_091349.jpg

Galaxy&nibbles

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
That's lovely, really made me smile, thank you for sharing.mi hope you all enjoy your trip

karonus

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Congratulations on joining the Camping and Caravanning fraternity, I hope you had fun and enjoy many more holidays like our gang. You all look as though you had a great time and great pics. :D:yahoo:

Melanie07

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
The 5th photo down! What is going on there? It looks hilarious!
Looks like they're having a nice time! Ive never taken mine camping or caravanning but I have taken them to this holiday home we stayed in in Wales, and they did not appreciate the journey! My pig at the time, Louie, took a flying leap out of the carrier which was in my lap, and onto my shoulder and into my hair whilst in the car...!

BertisKing

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
The 5th photo down! What is going on there? It looks hilarious!
Looks like they're having a nice time! Ive never taken mine camping or caravanning but I have taken them to this holiday home we stayed in in Wales, and they did not appreciate the journey! My pig at the time, Louie, took a flying leap out of the carrier which was in my lap, and onto my shoulder and into my hair whilst in the car...!
Apart from Chester and Charlie (and little Trevor, but as long as he has his harem he's happy wherever) they've all come camping before- Rodney and Benji have been five or six times now in their two and a half years- and Rodney particularly seems to enjoy the journey- I have to position the carrier where he can see out of a window- he sits with his nose poking through the bars. We must look a sight driving down the motorway!

Status
Not open for further replies.