• UK storm warning - Danger of unseasonal high winds and falling trees! Please secure any hutches and sheds, and bring your guinea pigs and rabbits indoors if possible! Click Here for info

Chirping guinea pig or sound in my head?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruthigrace23

Reaction score
Late last night I swear I was hearing a chirp sound every once in a while coming from where my piggies are by the back door. Just short little chirps, not long songs like I have seen videos of. If it were during the day I would have thought a bird. I heard it like a handful of times over about 20 minutes time period.

Am I going crazy hearing things or do some pigs just do short chirps? :{

Maud

Reaction score
My piggies do short chirps when they are talking to each other.. they only make a song and dance about things when they hear me cutting up fresh veg for them lol

Rhubarb

Reaction score
I found they make lots of different noises!

We had a piggie from a pet shop where it had been alone for 4 months with only budgies to talk to. Fortunately for him (we called him Spud) he had lots of cuddles from the shop staff, who I know quite well.

We brought him home and kept him indoors in a pen so he had company. One evening it had been raining and the Blackbird was in full song. Spud joined in!

After that when he was outside he would 'gossip with the resident Blackbird and Robin. In fact the Robin would get in the run with him.

mikulinek

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Do you have young boars? These are generally the culprits of chirping and there are long and short chirping songs.

You're very lucky to have heard it. Do you have quite a few piggies? Generally, chirping happens among larger groups of piggies but it has been known to occur in small groups too.

It could be a bird of course but I'd like to think it a piggy chirp :)

Status
Not open for further replies.