• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

chirping right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

piggiewiggie

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
one of the piggies is chriping/singing right now, second time ever i have heard it, its been going on for about a min and a half so far:(|)x)

Awwww, enjoy. Its a wonderful sound. One of my piggies serenades me regularly. I have no idea what the chirping means but I love it!

aww. Its lovely isnt it. The last time it happened i thought maybe it was because they were stressed as they had just had a lice n easy bath and all got upset. But nothing stressful has happened to the piggies upstairs today so I dont know...All i know is it went on for ages and made me smile :)

Our big girl Midge 'sings' quite a lot, I've read on another g.p site it dates backs from wild instinct when the dominant pig (usually male) would stand guard and look out for trouble from predators. Just their way of saying everything is ok although when midge does her singing the other girls just freeze and stop what they are doing.

Awww I hope your enjoying the chirping, both my boys chirp i have heard it twice now such a lovely song tehee!

I would love to hear mine chirp. I found this you tube video, it is so cute so thought I would share it. Just look at it's piggy lips lol

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09wyzo6kyF8&feature=related[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back