• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Christian was at emergency vet appointment this morning!

Betsy

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
When I went to get the piggies up this morning, Christian didn't want his dandelion leaves which was very unusual. I went to put him in the run and he was hidden underneath the hay (again unusual) and he also let me pick him up and not play his usual game of "catch me if you can". I thought all this very odd and out of character for him. When I put him in the run, he squealed in pain and was dragging at least one leg behind him. I immediately phoned my vets and got him an emergency appointment. As soon as I got to the vets I saw lovely vet Sarah who gave him a thorough examination and he has somehow damaged the top of his pelvis. He has full range of movement in his legs and his feet can grip. She said she couldn't feel a fracture but it might be there. Hopefully it's just bruised. He was fine yesterday. I have cat metacam for him (not happy about that but since it is now licenced for guinea pigs apparently they can't have dog metacam anymore - believe me I did question this) at 0.41ml today as an initial dose then 0.21ml once a day thereafter for 7 days. He is on the max dose for Emeprid at 1ml 3 times a day and also max dose of Ranitidine at 0.34mls twice a day as she is worried he will go into gut stasis. I have SS Recovery Plus to syringe feed him too and he has just taken 13.5ml of that so I guess he was hungry. He is now in the hospital cage half heartedly munching on hay . There is a bit of Recovery Plus in there as well as pellets and water. I have to take him back tomorrow to and if he is no better it's X Ray time to see if he has a fracture. If he has it'll most probably be forever sleep time.:bye: 😢

Well impressed with my vets! From time of phoning to time of being seen by the vet was 25mins and that was mainly travel time!

When I went to get the piggies up this morning, Christian didn't want his dandelion leaves which was very unusual. I went to put him in the run and he was hidden underneath the hay (again unusual) and he also let me pick him up and not play his usual game of "catch me if you can". I thought all this very odd and out of character for him. When I put him in the run, he squealed in pain and was dragging at least one leg behind him. I immediately phoned my vets and got him an emergency appointment. As soon as I got to the vets I saw lovely vet Sarah who gave him a thorough examination and he has somehow damaged the top of his pelvis. He has full range of movement in his legs and his feet can grip. She said she couldn't feel a fracture but it might be there. Hopefully it's just bruised. He was fine yesterday. I have cat metacam for him (not happy about that but since it is now licenced for guinea pigs apparently they can't have dog metacam anymore - believe me I did question this) at 0.41ml today as an initial dose then 0.21ml once a day thereafter for 7 days. He is on the max dose for Emeprid at 1ml 3 times a day and also max dose of Ranitidine at 0.34mls twice a day as she is worried he will go into gut stasis. I have SS Recovery Plus to syringe feed him too and he has just taken 13.5ml of that so I guess he was hungry. He is now in the hospital cage half heartedly munching on hay . There is a bit of Recovery Plus in there as well as pellets and water. I have to take him back tomorrow to and if he is no better it's X Ray time to see if he has a fracture. If he has it'll most probably be forever sleep time.:bye: 😢

Well impressed with my vets! From time of phoning to time of being seen by the vet was 25mins and that was mainly travel time!

Fingers VERY firmly crossed! I hope that he can make a good recovery.

Good that you could have him seen promptly! I have had to race several piggies to the emergency votes over the years, sadly mostly for pts, but I have always been grateful to have that access.

Oh no poor Christian! :(
Healing vibes being sent your way for a full & speedy recovery.
:hug: Big hug for you too, not the best start to your Sunday!
Hopefully just a sprain /muscle pulled.

Love the girls & I xx xx

Come on Christian!

Is there anything you can hold on his leg to take down any swelling along with the metacam?

Come on Christian!

Is there anything you can hold on his leg to take down any swelling along with the metacam?
No the pain is at the top where the pelvis joins the spine. He DID NOT like it when he was gently prodded and poked there by the Vet.

Hopefully just a sprain /muscle pulled.

I really hope so! The Vet said it may be bruised. As to how he did it it's a complete mystery.

He might have popcorned wrong or jumped off a house roof? Its all i can think of.

Hello everyone its me Christian.

My back hurts I don't know how I did it I just know it hurts. Hooman took me to the vet lady this morning who prodded and poked me then when she touched my back I told her how much it hurt by squealing at her. Then she put me on the floor to try and get me to walk but my back hurts so I didn't! How would she like to walk if her back hurt? Anyway she gave Hooman some medicine and some special food which gets squirted into my mouth. I like that as it means I don't have to eat for myself cos Hooman does it for me. I like my special food. Here I am with it all around my mouth before Hooman cleaned me up.

Christian Syringe feed 1.JPGChristian Syringe Feed 2.JPGChristian Syringe Feed 3.JPGChristian Syringe Feed 4.JPG

I hope my back feels better soon.

Love from Christian xx

Hi Christian... sorry to hear you have hurt your back, that's really sad. I am glad your hooman is giving you some medicine and I hope your back is better soon.. love from Pippin & Winny xx

@Betsy and Christian our slave has told us about your leg and back and we like him send you lots love and wish you all the best pal. Heidi. Chloe. Mrs Dougal.
Florence
:luv:

Oh, Christian what have you been getting up to. All our fingers and toes are crossed for you here.
Come on fella x

Sending lots of healing vibes to Christian and hugs to you Jacky xx

Back