• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Christian was at emergency vet appointment this morning!

It really is amazing what the correct dose of Metacam and cage rest does. These lovely little creatures never cease to amaze me! On Sunday the vet said we may have to pts if he didn't get any better. I knew he wasn't ready and with my love and dedication he would be OK.
♥❤♥♥♥❤

So glad to here this and see that adorable video of him waddling about for his leaves!

Well it's day 3 of Christian's caravan holiday and he is looking much better this morning. He was out and about in the cage when I got him out of the car this morning. After his breakfast syringe feed and clean out of cage, he was wandering around as much as his small hospital cage would allow chuntering away to himself. I then gave a handful of washed (lots of dogs in site) yummy grass which he immediately started to devour. He will be making a thread of his own when we get home so you know what a caravan holiday is like from Christian's point of view.

Very pleased to hear that he is enjoying his little holiday and being spoiled rotten.

Christian is much brighter and happier in himself now. He is walking better around the hospital cage and I have seen him scratch himself using his back legs too. When he sits around his back legs are underneath him now instead of splayed out behind, he has lost a lot of muscle mass around his bum and he is quite thin there but as he had been in strict cage rest for the last 9 days this is hardly surprising. He goes back to the vet Thursday morning.

So pleased to hear Christian is getting better. It must be such a relief to you, I hope you have been able to enjoy your weekend away.

Lovely to hear Christian is doing well. Hope you all had a lovely weekend away.đź’•

Only just caught up on this. Poor Christian! He's been through the wars after that abscess as well. Glad to hear he's doing much better now!

Christian went to see Aunty Alice this morning as Aunty Auxi is away on holiday. Aunty Alice said that although Christian is walking better and his reflexes are good on his left side and not quite so good on his right he is still in pain on along his spine. He told her that as he said the piggy equivalent of "OUCH!" when she examined him. I had to syringe feed him this morning as he was at his lowest weight yet (955g) but that is probably muscle he's lost from being on cage rest for 10 days. He is still on a high dose of Metacam for another 2 weeks. Then we can see about weaning him off it. Hopefully being back with his wifelets will encourage him to eat more and get him moving around a bit more to build his muscles back up. He is still quite perky in himself and is a lot happier to be back with Velvet and Meg.

Christian went to see Aunty Alice this morning as Aunty Auxi is away on holiday. Aunty Alice said that although Christian is walking better and his reflexes are good on his left side and not quite so good on his right he is still in pain on along his spine. He told her that as he said the piggy equivalent of "OUCH!" when she examined him. I had to syringe feed him this morning as he was at his lowest weight yet (955g) but that is probably muscle he's lost from being on cage rest for 10 days. He is still on a high dose of Metacam for another 2 weeks. Then we can see about weaning him off it. Hopefully being back with his wifelets will encourage him to eat more and get him moving around a bit more to build his muscles back up. He is still quite perky in himself and is a lot happier to be back with Velvet and Meg.
Aw, good news, it will take a bit of time to get back to normal but such an improvement from a couple of weeks ago. He will be so much happier with his ladies to cheer him up, wishing him a full recovery x

Aw, good news, it will take a bit of time to get back to normal but such an improvement from a couple of weeks ago. He will be so much happier with his ladies to cheer him up, wishing him a full recovery x
Thanks @Bill & Ted. I am so much happier now as a couple of weeks ago I thought I might lose him.

Glad that gorgeous Christian is on the mend.
Hopefully being home again and with the wives he will really perk up.

Well a quick update. Christian is still doing well. His weight had dropped by around 20g this morning from yesterday but I guess that's just a full/empty bladder. I am reluctant to top him up again as I would like him to eat all by himself. He was on the grass this afternoon chomping away for around 4 hours so hopefully his weight will be back up again tomorrow morning. He loves his morning and evening Metacam and almost pulls the syringe out of my hand. He was playing zoomies in the run today with Velvet and Meg but not for long so he must be happy in himself. :)

Back