• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Christmas Pressie Guinea Bed Unusable...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tink1382

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello,
For Christmas a kind friend bought my guinea pigs a small animal bed from Pets at Home. Is is faux suede, red and white and the tag says 'A Letter to Santa. Its lovely except that my guineas cant get in it! It has a little lip that the put their feet on when getting in and that just makes the bed tip up on them. After a few tries they have given up. Any advise on how i might make the bed heavier? I don't think they will ever jump over the lip onto the cushion... Seems a MAJOR flaw as it isn't usable as it is...
Any advise?

Hooray! These are all solutions I have tried and found work for different things (the boys do actually have a pebble in their corner tray!)

We have the same one, and our piggies learnt to jump in it, however they don't really like sitting in it, unless I hang a piece of fleece from above to cover it.. may have to invest in a covered one...

I bought them like a little cozy and Cookie loves it so much that he won't come out of it all day. He then pees in it all the time and stinks.. so I can only leave it in there for a couple of hours. Hence why I haven't gotten a new fleece house yet, I am worried it will just make my piggies smell of wee..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back