• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Claws like knives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carma Violet

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oh my God, I have just tried to weight little Tuck, my 3 month old Guinea, and in desperation to get away from my grasp she placed her back leg on my index finger and kicked out, trying to run away. Her claw managed to slice my finger open about 1.5cm...

Oh my God...

...Some good it did her, I ended up throwing a towel over her to catch her!

-Carma

Tell me about it, my chest and boobs and wrists are like a scratch post when i try to hold some of my less tamer piggies. People are forever saying "Oh my god, how did you do that?" they never believe its a guinea.rolleyes ours can be like freddy kruger:))

Tell me about it, my chest and boobs and wrists are like a scratch post when i try to hold some of my less tamer piggies. People are forever saying "Oh my god, how did you do that?" they never believe its a guinea.rolleyes ours can be like freddy kruger:))

I was amazed, I never thought they would draw blood just by kicking out.

Well, that's my drawing off for a few weeks now... :))

-Carma

Well, you will keep me waiting!

Hahahah!

Anyway, that Tuck, she a dangerous one...

...She is proper cheeky, she steals food from Gadgets mouth, and gets away with it... She's gunna be trouble!

-Carma

jethro steals food out of boris's mouth but i let him of becuse Boris whinds him up:))

Cupcake's nails are like needles but then she is only about three months old.
My oh Lynda recomends using a fine nail file to gently remove the sharp bits, make sure that you hold each toe individually and firmly. By filing the nails it will negate the need to start clipping the nails too early. It will also help the Piggy to get used to being handled and promote the bonding proccess between you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back