Cleaning bottles.

Chickenpies

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi!
I find it quite hard to clean out the bottles, and especially the spouts. I’ve heard people use rice but when I tried, the water just went cloudy and it didn’t really work. Does anyone have tips? Thank you!

Veggies Galore

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
for the tips , I use a cotton bud ( make sure the cotton wool doesn't get stuck in the spout )

I have heard people using a small brush e.g. teapot spout brush - or maybe you could get one designed for cleaning reusable straws .

for the bottles themselves , I either use

rice ( just a few grains )
the cleaning balls often sold for wine buffs to clean decanters ( usually called " magic balls" ) e.g. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cleaning-R...g+balls&qid=1599223809&sr=8-5&tag=googhydr-21
or kitchen paper Am I The Only One Who Didn't Know This?!

Chickenpies

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
for the tips , I use a cotton bud ( make sure the cotton wool doesn't get stuck in the spout )

I have heard people using a small brush e.g. teapot spout brush - or maybe you could get one designed for cleaning reusable straws .

for the bottles themselves , I either use

rice ( just a few grains )
the cleaning balls often sold for wine buffs to clean decanters ( usually called " magic balls" ) e.g. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cleaning-R...g+balls&qid=1599223809&sr=8-5&tag=googhydr-21
or kitchen paper Am I The Only One Who Didn't Know This?!
Thank you!

horsefeather

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
i use a cotton swab (qtip) to clean the spout and a vrush for cleaning baby bottles for the bottle

Freya1234

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I used to use a bottle brush to clean the bottle then I decided to use rice as a one off and it did take quite a lot of shaking but once I had done it the bottle looked just as good as new. As for the spout I am yet to find a good way to clean it!