• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Cleaning Hidies and stuff

Stella&Twist

New Born Pup
Reaction score
How would I go about cleaning Stella and Twist stuff to disinfect it? I wanna put it away for when I decide it’s time to get new ones but I wanna clean all the stuff first because I’m not 100% positive what they died from and I wouldn’t want the new ones to get sick from it :(

I am sorry for your loss

You can wash any fabric items in a washing machine and clean any wooden or plastic items with a vinegar, soap and water solution, cleaning the cage with the same solution. Ultimately though any bacteria which caused a potential illness will die off from items very quickly even if they were just left uncleaned (such bacteria can’t live on surfaces for long)

I am sorry for your loss

You can wash any fabric items in a washing machine and clean any wooden or plastic items with a vinegar, soap and water solution, cleaning the cage with the same solution. Ultimately though any bacteria which caused a potential illness will die off from items very quickly even if they were just left uncleaned (such bacteria can’t live on surfaces for long)
Thank you so much!

I wash all machine washable piggie stuff in nonbio washing liquid on a 60 degree wash, fast spin and put vinegar in the conditioner drawer. Everything else gets sprayed with F10 vet grade disinfectant.

Back