• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Close call!

Spaghetti & Noodles

Forum Donator 2022/23
Reaction score
Well this afternoon my daughter had a very heart wrenching life lesson - she put the girls out into the run but didn't check properly that everything was closed and secure, so when she went to get them back in they weren't there, luckily our garden is pretty secure and they hadn't gone far, but 15 mins with all 4 of us crawling around the flower bed trying to catch them is not something I hope to repeat. (Maybe I should have checked too but as much as I give them treats and love them etc, they are hers and that was the understanding when we're agreed to get them. They are her responsibility but I do keep a good check on them.)
I did feel for her, she was absolutely distraught at the thought of having lost them, and it broke my heart, once we'd returned them to safety, to hear her telling them she was sorry and how much she loved them., But when they next go out she will be checking much more carefully.

Oh No ! How awful for you . I'm so relieved they are all OK

I remember how I felt when Bess escaped

Bess Made A Bid For Freedom
I have to admit I felt that horrible sinking feeling too, but luckily my son spotted them and we managed to corral them. Not what were needed the day before she starts secondary school ☹️

I would be terrified! I'm so glad you managed to catch them all. I hope your daughter's 1st day at secondary goes well it must be such a horrible time to be transitioning to a whole new school 😟

I would be terrified! I'm so glad you managed to catch them all. I hope your daughter's 1st day at secondary goes well it must be such a horrible time to be transitioning to a whole new school 😟
She was so upset, I have to admit they were very firmly grabbed and promptly returned to safety, she seems ok about school so will go with it and hope it all works out.
In fairness, whilst things are not how they should be, she knows no different so in theory it should be ok 🤷🏼‍♀️

What a terrible shock. I'm glad you managed to find them.

Oh bless, how scary for her. But thank goodness everything turned out alright!

I remember putting my first guinea pig (Crumble) out in her run one day, and my dad came along and moved it thinking it was empty so he could mow the grass. Luckily she just sat astounded by the amount of greenery she could suddenly see, so he just scooped her back up again 😂

Thank you everyone, it was a very scary moment but as harsh as it may sound it'll make her check more carefully. The girls had extra cuddles yesterday and some extra treats but seeing as it was raining they just stayed at home - no grass time for a day or so.

So glad everything turned out well.
It’s hard learning life lessons sometimes.
Hope your daughter is feeling better after her shock

So glad everything turned out well.
It’s hard learning life lessons sometimes.
Hope your daughter is feeling better after her shock
Thank you, my daughter is fine now, sometimes, I think we need the shock to just reinforce how important the little things can be, I always ask if she's checked and often get the "yeah they're fine" and she's pretty responsible and does care for them well, but I guess she was so focused on school transition and just everything is so different that it was an honest mistake, albeit one she'll hopefully not make again!

Oh what a nasty shock for you and your poor daughter. So pleased you managed to catch them all.

I remember cleaning my two piggies out many years ago. They lived in the garage. I took all the waste to the tip, came back and one was missing. My only thought was it had gone in the waste :yikes: so rushed back to the tip and in tears made the poor tip operatives remove everything out of the skip including a divan base and she was not there 🥺 Rushed home and there she was, sat under the hutch! Phew

My parents left Jack in an unsecured, uncovered run made from cardboard (don't ask) in the back garden years ago. They got him back, but it involved a hunt on hands and knees in next door's garden. I couldn't have facepalmed harder when I found out. I'm glad they're all safe and sound, sometimes momentary lapses just...happen.

Back