• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Cold remedies

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashmincal

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Have you got any suggestions to make me feel better? I feel really carp :'( and I have to work etc as I'm not allowed to be ill 98) Also I got into a disagreement with someone today and got upset; this bloomin' cold makes me feel more emotional that I normally am :tickedoff:

Oh :( Lots of workplaces are like this now, aren't they?

I take Vit C tablets every 3 hours or so, and for night time I always, without fail recommend Olbas Oil with a couple of drops on your pillow or if you sleep in a nightie or tshirt etc, a couple of drops near the neckline. Before you go to bed try a Beechams powder (Lemsip don't seem to be so good I found) with added honey and lemon juice and the essential ingredient a HUGE tot of brandy or whisky ;) It really helps to knock you out and its the only time I ever drink spirits! Also helps with the symptoms apparently. Some people also recommend a couple of cloves added to the drink (but try not to swallow them).

I'm lucky that I rarely get many illnesses but seem particularly susceptible to colds these days and they make me feel miserable. :-\

I am loaded with the cold too, i also have a really sore throat - i sound like barry white! I take vitamin c, and paracetmol every 4 hours. Try to eat something like soup. I also have a drink made with honey and a squeezed lemon to help my throat. I hope you feel better soon - its nice to know that I'm not the only one feeling like this! ;)

Also at night make yourself as warm/hot as possible. We've always stood by sweating them out ;)

Hope you feel better soon

Hope you feel better soon, there's a lot of it going round. We seem to find that Day/Nught Nurse works well, or those Benylin Day and Night ones you can get. Hubby wears everything he can find to bed to sweat it out! ;D

I hope you feel better soon baby piggie.

It is no fun being ill :( But the tissues I'm using have got a guinea pig on - how cute!

Oops, re the post about brandy in my post - goes without saying if you are underage please ask your parents first! (Sorry, I forget its not all adults in here!)

That's no good, sorry to hear you're not feeling very well :(
I take Vitamin C as soon as i think i'm getting a cold, and Dimetapp Cold and Flu tablets (the day night ones, then you don't get sleepy during the day)
Take care, keep warm :-*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back