• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Colored napkins

The2musketeers

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Sorry I don't know if this is in the right thread. I was just wondering if colored napkins are safe for guinea pigs? because my guinea pigs apparently like to play with napkins more than toys. :)

They are technically ok becasue the dyes need to be safe becasue they are deemed fit for direct contact with food.
However I would worry about them getting wet and wadded up between the teeth, and would personally not use them for guinea pigs.
Why not try offering toilet roll or other plain cardboard to them for chewing - my lot love toilet rolls (the inner cardboard part obvious - not the whole roll!).

They are technically ok becasue the dyes need to be safe becasue they are deemed fit for direct contact with food.
However I would worry about them getting wet and wadded up between the teeth, and would personally not use them for guinea pigs.
Why not try offering toilet roll or other plain cardboard to them for chewing - my lot love toilet rolls (the inner cardboard part obvious - not the whole roll!).
i had visions then of a piggy running like an Andrex puppy with a full toilet roll :xd: :xd: :lol!:

Thank you! I will try that instead

Back