• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Colour Of Wee

Status
Not open for further replies.

becbecs29

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My guinea pig was out the other night and decided to wee, which I don't mind was my own fault for having him out too long, but anyway his wee was like a whitey clear substance, after telling my parents about it they then said it might be due to his water bottle being empty and he could be dehydrated, I didn't know this so went mental that they hadn't given him water, anyway what colour should it be?

Milky white pee is the way a piggy excretes excess calcium; it is nothing to worry about if it just occasionally.It dries to a white powdery patch.
I would recommend to stay of high calcium veg like kale or spinach and to filter the water if you have lots of calcium pees in order to help minimise the risk of a bladder stone or sludge build-up.

But please make sure that the water bottle is filled daily with fresh water and that it is also checked regularly in case a bottle leaks and runs out during the day. If necessary, mount a second bottle. If your piggies are fed their normal veg, they do not dehydrate quite that quickly.

My guinea pig was out the other night and decided to wee, which I don't mind was my own fault for having him out too long, but anyway his wee was like a whitey clear substance, after telling my parents about it they then said it might be due to his water bottle being empty and he could be dehydrated, I didn't know this so went mental that they hadn't given him water, anyway what colour should it be?
My guinea pigs pee is white and clear kind of like you described it but it can also just be pure white. I think the colour you described your pigs pee is a good colour and not a sign of dehydration. :) (I only see white pee when they go into the utility room for run around time and they pee everywhere to make me clean it up cheeky buggars. :D):mal:

We give him kale and broccoli every night is this bad for him? I always do but I'd been out that day so couldn't do anything about it

We give him kale and broccoli every night is this bad for him? I always do but I'd been out that day so couldn't do anything about it

That is far too much calcium rich food indeed! Please feed broccoli only 2-3 time a week max. and kale only very occasionally.
You may find this thread here helpful, as it lists what you can give how often:
https://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk...or-a-balanced-general-guinea-pig-diet.116460/
https://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk...veg-and-fruit-list-with-vitamin-c-grading.42/

Cut back on the Kale as it is a high Calcium veg.. Maybe interchange it with things like Coriander and Gem Lettuce.

We feed our pigs something like this

Mornings:
Cucumber
Celery
Big chunk of pepper (this is ace for Vit C)

Tea:
Lettuce or Coriander mainly interspersed with Cabbage or Celery leaves or kale
Cucumber
Pepper or Carrot or green beans or brocoli

Here is a link to some diet info

https://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk...or-a-balanced-general-guinea-pig-diet.116460/
and
https://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk...veg-and-fruit-list-with-vitamin-c-grading.42/

It took us a while to find foods the pigs liked and balance the calcium issue out

Any questions please feel free to ask

Ok thank you however my mum is saying she has read different things, obviously saying that they're fine so can't really change Ronnie my brother gp diet but I can cut it out of Barneys or lower it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back