• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Coloured wee

Jessica Harris

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello I have a 4 year old male called gus and a female called clove who gus is neutered and clover is spayed so there wee has been perfectly normal and normal colour ever since I've owned them but I recently put them on grass and I think I may of introduced it to soon or quick as the wee in the cage looks darker with a bit of pink in it and I know grass is high in calcium and I introduced them to quickly now is the pink in the wee a sign of too much grass because they don't strain or squeal when peeing at all and they still drink water and eat there hay, pellets and veggies so nothing has changed I'm guessing it's just the grass

Grass is their natural diet but you do need to introduce it slowly to unprepared tummies so that it doesn’t cause tummy upsets (which will show as soft poops) but being on it all day every day once used to it is absolutely fine.
Please do see a vet to have them checked over.

Grass is their natural diet but you do need to introduce it slowly to unprepared tummies so that it doesn’t cause tummy upsets (which will show as soft poops) but being on it all day every day once used to it is absolutely fine.
Please do see a vet to have them checked over.
Okay well the poo and wee today is normal and can't see any blood but I haven't given them grass yet so that might be why so would it be the grass then

blood appears quite distinctive when it is on bedding.
I’d be surprised if it was the grass itself that was causing it but only a vet can give you a diagnosis

blood appears quite distinctive when it is on bedding.
I’d be surprised if it was the grass itself that was causing it but only a vet can give you a diagnosis
Okay well its a darker colour of wee not straight up blood its just darker then normal colour with like a tiny bit of pink

If the pink wee persists then take them a vet but it’s not uncommon for their pee to have a tinge of pink or brown almost sometimes. Can be pee that’s come into contact with air and dried etc. I’d keep an eye on them. As long as they’re drinking lots flushing their bladders then they should be ok. But if it happens again and you’re worried then please take them the vet x

Okay well its more of a darker colour than usual wee and like a small spot of pink with no actual distinctive blood

But they went out on the grass today for 1 hour and 30 minutes then came in and had veggies and there poo is normal and wee is normal so might of just been the grass

If the pink wee persists then take them a vet but it’s not uncommon for their pee to have a tinge of pink or brown almost sometimes. Can be pee that’s come into contact with air and dried etc. I’d keep an eye on them. As long as they’re drinking lots flushing their bladders then they should be ok. But if it happens again and you’re worried then please take them the vet x
Thank you very much for the clear response the wee seems more normal this evening g and they definitely drink enough in not hugely worried as it was only a small amount to start with but I will keep an eye on them and consult a vet if blood appear

Does anyone know what the brownish in wee could signifies

The brownish wee is often wee thats oxidised- older wee. Dried out a little. Come into contact with air more.

The brownish wee is often wee thats oxidised- older wee. Dried out a little. Come into contact with air more.
Ah okay thank you that makes sense well woken up today to nice Normal wee with no pinkish colour so they have obviously flushed put whatever was wrong

Back