• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

coming home soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
went to pet at home to today to see if the piggy that has been up for sale for 8 weeks was still there and he was and if he was i was going to get him.

so i took the kids and OH with me to see him and they all feel in love with him and felt sorry for him

so i got to the point where they give him a health cheack and the young girl found his ear was a little crusty and said she would have to double check and the manger said they would have him checked out by the vet who was coming in 10 minutes

i have just phoned p@h up and he has a fungal ear infection and i will be able to get him in 7 to 10 day when it has got better.

I have a already named him joshua ( named him a few weeks ago lol)

Feel bad the i dident get him sooner

That's great news a new piggie, hope his ear clears up soon:))

I am always looking at the adoption centre in pets @home hoping a lonely sow will come along!

what a lovely little name! Cant wait to see some pics! I'm glad he's found a new forever home with you and your family :)

I cant stop thinking about him on his own :( its going to be a long 10 days .

we went to get him a new cage this afternoon ready for when he comes home but I'm hoping he will be friends with badger who is very laid back .

Went in to see how joshua is doing and they have not even started to treat him yet:o

the lady from p@h said she would phone me once they start to treat him i was not even allowed to see him:0

I was a bit taken back not really sure what to do now

Awwww bless, I bet you cant wait to have him.
I remember going to the cattery and they had a gorgeous cat there which had been left in the cattery for over 6 months, i really wanted to take him home but hubby said no :(
i still wonder now if he is still there x

She said they have to take him to the vet but i was told he had already been .

i would be tempted to phone up and ask for a date that they will be starting treatment. sounds a bit funny to me!

I would be very wary with what they tell you. I know not all P@H are the same but when I used to work there they were very reluctant to take any animal to the vets, would take days of me persisting for them to allow me to take them.

Have they said when he is going to the vets?

Would they let you treat him at home? Again maybe not the same but their quarentine and isolation areas are not great. x

She said he was going this afternoon and she said she will phone me i will phone tomorrow if she does not.

I did ask about bringing him home and the said i could but they would not advise it as it is fungal and my piggys could get it at the time iwas thinking that is a good idea

but now i think i should try get him home and treat him he has a brand new rabbit 120 cage all to himself waiting .

i can keep him away from the others so i guess i am going to have to try and get him home .

You could always call a vets for some advice?

If you are going to bring him home just ensure good hygiene when going between him and your other piggies....I am sure you are already aware of this though :)

Good luck and let us know what happens x

Thats the only thing i am worried about is passing it on to my lot not matter how carefull you are there is still a chance .

wait and see if they phone you if they dont bring him home and treat him. if you do bring him home i would try and make P@H foot the bill as he was there responsibilty.

hope you get an answer soon.

x

Oh bless him, poor boy. Surely it's against the law NOT to treat an animal when you know it needs treatment. He would probably be better off in your care then at P@H waiting for them to take him to a vets. I would kick up a stink if they don't contact you. Lets hope you can get him home soon :)

I have just phoned up to see whats going on and he has still not been to the vet yet said he is going at 10 this morning.

I really can not belive they have not taken him yet .

the woman sounded like i was really bugging her gurrrr they are going to phone me later i hope if they dont i will phone them before they close and i will try and take him home and go to my own vets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back