• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Commercial cage query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just looking for some advice really. If thinking of changing cages and looking at commercial cages suitable for upto 2 guinea pigs, what would people suggest?

I know the RSPCA recommends cages to be 4ft x 2ft x 2ft (so approx 120cm x 60cm) - am unsure if they are flexible with this, in that the measurements could be slighly deeper rather than that length but still having the same floor area for example... have also noted most cages are not that tall and would have thought the height requirement may be more essential for rabbits than guineas. Another site indicates 7.5sq feet (minimum) size, upto 10.5sq feet preferred...

Have had a look online at Ferplast 120, Nero 4, ferplast corner shelves (to add extra level/space) etc. Has anyone any experience of these/similar cages or advice on their suitability? I know there are far bigger available such as the Ferplast 140 but this may be too big for the space available.

Hi, My guinea pig cage which holds two guinea pigs is 5ft by 2ft and they love it, but we did used to have a 4ft by 2ft one, but decided to get a bigger one, they love the one they have now as they have more space to rome around in it! Hope this helped!

Thanks Jane, I don't suppose you happen to know where you got it from or what brand it is do you? Don't worry if your not sure, just a thought.

i think zooplus do a good range of cages. for 2 piggies the minimum is 4ft by 2ft but bigger is better especially if you have boys :)

if you can c&c cages are the best :))

Iv got a ferplast 120 with a corner shelf with two boys in it

e925d4ad.jpg

We look for a minimum of 8sq. feet over one level for 2 piggies, then add on an extra 2sq. feet for every additional pig. :)

Thanks for the input everyone! Going by the dimensions online that would suggest the Nero 4 is just over 8sq metres. Prefer the Ferplast 140 but don't think it will fit!

C&C is cool and have used in the past but because of the difficulty getting hold of the corroplast and having a cat, think a commercial cage may be preferable. Will still be making use of the outdoor run (when weather is better) and floor time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back