• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Confessions

JimmythePig

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have regular talks with Jimmy where I rationally explain to him why he can't have more vegetables.
I apologize to him if I make a loud noise that startles him.
I eat fruit in another room so he won't wheek over the smell and then be disappointed when he doesnt get any.
:blink:
Glad to get that off my chest, thank you for reading.

I spoke to the guinea pigs all the time. When they were at Cavy Corner, Sue placed the phone on loudspeaker and into their cage where they could hear it, and Comet apparently started looking for me lol.

Talking to them helps them out, I think. When Comet was absolutely terrified at the vets I was talking to him, and the vet, and the vet nurse, but all with the same calm level in my voice. No reason to panic him further, right? Letting him know that yes, injections suck, but he really had to have it because he fought against oral Baytril so much, and it would really help him out. They can sense when you're upset and that makes things worse.

Tonight Meg told me that her veg and grass dinner was 2 minutes late! I had just gone into the kitchen to chop up the veg for all 4 of them and there she was in the run outside with her new little raspy wheek (before she was on palliative care her wheek was so loud it would have awaken the dead, either that or she was telling everyone she was being murdered!). I put the other 3 back in the hutch, quickly chopped up the veg and duly delivered said veg to the piggies (Meg has supplementary grass as her partial facial paralysis means she can't eat much hay although she does try bless her!). Meg has to have her breakfast and dinner separate from Christian as he gobbles it all up before Meg has finished a couple of pieces of veg as she eats very slowly now again because of her face.

Aah Meg knows what she wants and when @Betsy! Glad she’s still demanding her grub!:love:

My poor pigs get me talking to/at them all day, singing, asking what they want to watch on TV and what did I go out there for again?! It’s pretty much non-stop! :)) But think that’s why they’re so comfortable around me and eager to climb and see me in and out of the cage to be honest!
Stroking anyone but Jess is not allowed of course though, no matter how much I give them sweet talk! :))

I’m always apologising for making loud noises when I knock something over or drop something and they scatter! I chat to them all the time, telling them what I’m going to do each day, what veggies I’m chopping, asking if they’ve had a nice time outside, telling them to get ready when it’s time to come in - I think they think I’m mad! And quite possibly I am, but I don’t care - if I didn’t have them to chat to I think I would go mad!

I had a guy in doing boiler maintenance and the hallions decided to have a party. A loud, noisy party. So I was like "Really you two? NOW? WE HAVE VISITORS." The boiler guy stared at me. "I didn't know you had kids?" "I...don't." "But..." "They're guinea pigs. Sorry about that." :whistle:

Stubbins enjoys getting into mischief quite often. Yesterday, I found her tugging on her fleece, attempting to utilize it as a snack (what a creative girl!). Now, when I see she doing something she is not supposed to, I say "Stubbins!". She'll look up with the most innocent eyes (fleece in her mouth), and then do a slow tug while still looking at me (as if she is taunting me). :doh:

Stubbins enjoys getting into mischief quite often. Yesterday, I found her tugging on her fleece, attempting to utilize it as a snack (what a creative girl!). Now, when I see she doing something she is not supposed to, I say "Stubbins!". She'll look up with the most innocent eyes (fleece in her mouth), and then do a slow tug while still looking at me (as if she is taunting me). :doh:
Flossy eats the fleece liners all the time too 😂!

She'll look up with the most innocent eyes

Oh I know that look, Comet pulled it when he was about to try climbing onto the arm of the sofa to get at the punnet of blueberries. My dad thought I was mad, I'm sitting there like, "Comet?" and he made that look and I'm like "Nope, don't you dare. Don't even think about it."

Oh I know that look, Comet pulled it when he was about to try climbing onto the arm of the sofa to get at the punnet of blueberries. My dad thought I was mad, I'm sitting there like, "Comet?" and he made that look and I'm like "Nope, don't you dare. Don't even think about it."
Did it work though Lorcan or did the wise one completely ignore you and scoff the blueberrries?

I have regular talks with Jimmy where I rationally explain to him why he can't have more vegetables.
I apologize to him if I make a loud noise that startles him.
I eat fruit in another room so he won't wheek over the smell and then be disappointed when he doesnt get any.
:blink:
Glad to get that off my chest, thank you for reading.
You are clearly a very well trained slave :D

Back