• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Confused about how old my Guinea pigs are

Piggy101

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So I thought they were 2 years old but they seem like they have been growing still, even my family has noticed and they dont pay much attention. Is it possible for them to be growing still?

At 2 years old they would already be fully grown.
How long have you had them and where did you get them from?
And how much do they weigh?
Is their weight continually and slowly increasing weekly or is it stable?

I've had them twoish20200629_204107.jpg months, but a family member got them they said two years ago from a local pet store. I'm not sure how much they weigh I've never weighed them. But they look like they have been putting weight on and getting longer. I dont know if it could be me changing their diet and everything or not. They used to not get veggies or grass often at all and they never got floor time and were in a 2 story cage. Now they've been in a 2×7 cage getting veggies and floor time everyday could that have anything to do with their growth? This last one is of them a month ago. I know they aren't good comparison pictures but all I have lol.4f40c96c-e4cd-4b19-ab98-2a504ae04d97.jpge8f5bf39-fe29-482a-878a-4c1d910f2405.jpg

You really do need to weigh them weekly as part of their health check. I’d start doing that as soon as possible. Also keep their veg to the daily recommended amount and the same with pellets.

I do :) but I've been taming them still they werent handled

Even if they weren’t handled they still need weighing weekly. You can use a tunnel or cuddle cup or sack or box to pick them up in.
Because of Vani's history, she screeches and scratches when handled.
I usually wait until she enters a cuddle cup and then quickly pick her up.
Just make sure that you subtract the weight of the hidey! :)

Back