• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Constant Diarrhoea

BearAndPanda

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Panda has gotten a lot of Diarrhoea. I’ve heard to give him high fibre things but it doesn’t seem to do anything. Please help!

If your piggy is experiencing severe diarrhoea then you need to take your piggy to a vet as a matter of urgency.
please stop giving veg and feed only hay.
Have You been weighing him? Has he lost weight? weigh him daily to ensure he is not losing weight. If he is losing weight then you will need to step in and syringe feed

their hay based diet (being 80% hay daily) is naturally high in fibre.

List Of Life And Death Out-of-hours Emergencies
Not Eating, Weight Loss And The Importance Of Syringe Feeding Fibre
Digestive Disorders: Diarrhea - Bloat - GI Stasis (No Gut Movement) And Not Eating

Have you taken Panda to the vet? If not he needs to be seen by a vet.
If your piggy is experiencing severe diarrhoea then you need to take your piggy to a vet as a matter of urgency.

It smells HORRENDOUS, i have an appointment booked with Vets4Pets and have noticed a small lump on the Center of his stomach

please stop giving veg and feed only hay.
Have You been weighing him? Has he lost weight? weigh him daily to ensure he is not losing weight. If he is losing weight then you will need to step in and syringe feed

List Of Life And Death Out-of-hours Emergencies
Not Eating, Weight Loss And The Importance Of Syringe Feeding Fibre
Digestive Disorders: Diarrhea - Bloat - GI Stasis (No Gut Movement) And Not Eating
Can he eat pellets? I have Burgess excel pellets. If not, he will only be on hay.

Can he eat pellets? I have Burgess excel pellets. If not, he will only be on hay.

he can have the normal limited amount of one tablespoon of pellets per day but being only on hay is the best thing for him to settle his tummy. Their diet needs to be 80% hay anyway and pellets are only 5% per day
if he is having severe diarrhoea you cannot wait until Saturday.

he can have the normal limited amount of one tablespoon of pellets but being only on hay is the best thing for him to settle his tummy.
if he is having severe diarrhoea you cannot wait until Saturday.
Okay. He is excreting only diarrhoea and no solid poops.

Years ago I found my guinea pig in the morning with severe diarrhoea and took him to the vets. Sadly he died whilst I was there.
Not wanting to worry you and my guinea pig was very young, but they can deteriorate very quickly. It's not like if a person has a bad stomach
Good luck, hope Panda gets better soon

If the poo is constant diarrhoea I’m afraid it can’t wait till tomorrow either. What did the vet say?

Back